IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2017, 04:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerack View Post
The buzz inside NRG today is that if Watson makes it past Arizona at 13, the Texans will start trying to move up to get him.
That's meaningless 'buzz'. Anything coming out to the media tells other teams exactly what they need to do to get/stay in front of the Texans. No way do the Texans leak that unless it's misinformation.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:15 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
That's meaningless 'buzz'. Anything coming out to the media tells other teams exactly what they need to do to get/stay in front of the Texans. No way do the Texans leak that unless it's misinformation.
It wasn't released to the media. I have a friend who works for the team...during draft season, he is involved in breaking down game tape, setting up the draft room, etc. He won't tell me everything but he will give me bits and pieces from time to time.

My previous post was his understanding of what is going on inside the org from conversations he was involved with today. Take it or leave it...was just passing on what I had heard. No offense to this board, but if it was more popular, I wouldn't have shared it.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:23 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
It wasn't released to the media. I have a friend who works for the team...during draft season, he is involved in breaking down game tape, setting up the draft room, etc. He won't tell me everything but he will give me bits and pieces from time to time.

My previous post was his understanding of what is going on inside the org from conversations he was involved with today. Take it or leave it...was just passing on what I had heard. No offense to this board, but if it was more popular, I wouldn't have shared it.
That kind of makes sense, especially if it was just talk around the office.

I am sure they have some spots in mind for when certain things become explorable.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:

Keep it coming, please, thanks.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:14 AM
All-Pro

The nice thing is that if Bikerack shares it here and it comes true, he has credibility and a time stamp for documentation. If he's wrong, hardly anyone but us sees it.

Still, even within the organization, whisper campaigns may be used to find out who potential "leakers" are for the purpose of getting rid of them. So be careful what you circulate.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:29 AM
All-Pro

Quote:

Thank you for sharing.

And Bob, just because the team does not complete a trade up does not mean that they did not try to trade up. Remember it takes two teams and both teams have to agree on the price. So Bikerack's credibility should not be tied to a completed trade only. I for one appreciate having his new blood on this site.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
No offense to this board, but if it was more popular, I wouldn't have shared it.
None taken. I do nothing to promote this board or site.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-25-2017, 05:04 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
None taken. I do nothing to promote this board or site.

Thanks for sharing.
I think the board would be a little better if it was slightly more active (maybe double the tiny number of posters we have). I think it'd be far worse if it was super active. Not because other boards have worse posters, but because more means more problems, more fights, more off topic, more need for moderation, more pointless posturing from internet tough guys, etc... I am sure if it was more guys just like us it'd be terrible.

Basically I'm saying I love this board because it's small and more like talking sports around the water cooler then talking sports on the giant anonymous internet.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:20 PM
All-Pro

Watson about only QB coming out this year with a winning record , be great if we get him.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:05 PM
All-Pro

I too greatly prefer a smaller group of guys to a clutchfans style fkwitfest. But I wouldn't mind maybe doubling the group of active posters, if only because sometimes it feels like we're the most tenurd guys at the nursing home, you know, sitting around in our cardigans telling each other the same story for the twenty fifth time.

Buford wouldn't have a cardigan, of course. He'd probably have an oversized Broncos sweatshirt. And white Reeboks. With velcro. Hell, that's most likely how he's dressed right now.

Anyway, I welcome the new posters.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:22 AM
Administrator

It doesn't help that the message board is a relic of the '90s. We're mostly middle aged dudes here, a sort of 12 angry men for the 21st century. Not a high growth demo.

To wit, this is how I envision some posts on our board...

#ItB #TellAfriend
Old 04-26-2017, 02:12 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
#ItB #TellAfriend
#Don'tHaveAnyFriendsThat'sWhyI'mHere

#YouGuysAREMyFriends
Old 04-26-2017, 02:24 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

And Bob, just because the team does not complete a trade up does not mean that they did not try to trade up. Remember it takes two teams and both teams have to agree on the price. So Bikerack's credibility should not be tied to a completed trade only. I for one appreciate having his new blood on this site.
I appreciate his comments too and in no way meant to imply that he was not credible if the trade does not develop.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:27 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
#Don'tHaveAnyFriendsThat'sWhyI'mHere

#YouGuysAREMyFriends
#DudeMessageHimPrivately
Old 04-26-2017, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The buzz inside NRG today is that if Watson makes it past Arizona at 13, the Texans will start trying to move up to get him.
Tweet this morning:
Quote:
Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
If Deshaun Watson is there in late 1, keep an eye on the #Texans. His visit was overwhelmingly positive for all. He loved it, team did, too.
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/857269155300560903
Old 04-26-2017, 12:52 PM
All-Pro

So when did Ian become a member of our board?
Old 04-26-2017, 01:45 PM
All-Pro

I'm really amazed that BOB likes him. I don't doubt the information, it just surprises me because Watson and Mahomes, the other quarterback BOB is supposed to be in love with, could not be farther from what I understand BOB's ideal quarterback to be.

Maybe I misunderstand BOB then. If a quarterback is accurate and intelligent maybe he doesn't care if a guy is less like Tom Brady and more like Fran Tarkenton or Steve McNair.

But if so, then why is he hand-picking guys like Fitz, Hoyer, Mallett and Savage?
Old 04-26-2017, 02:59 PM
Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind a few more members. I think more people would keep the daily comments going. I like to click in and get caught up on the latest but this place sometimes goes for days with no comments. And then sometimes, there's just not a lot to yak about.

Some of the larger Texan boards (to me, anyway) are polluted and diluted. A lot of blah-blah-blah. I don't Facebook, Tweet or smart phone (get off my lawn) and have always preferred the message board format. Still think it's the best way for a group to discuss a particular topic..
Old 04-26-2017, 03:37 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:

But if so, then why is he hand-picking guys like Fitz, Hoyer, Mallett and Savage?
IMHO, OB is not quite the QB guru he is portrayed as. Wasn't he a DE for Brown back in his playing days? He gets into coaching and somehow works his way up to QB coach of the New England Patriots "coaching" Tom Brady. He goes from defense to offense (round peg, square hole) and it's a role an up-and-coming coach would gladly accept, no? Quite the pelt on the wall....

I think coaching is quite a bit like many other blue collar type jobs. Whether you're an electrician, pipe-fitter, car salesman, whatever, you'll make a lot of mistakes as you learn your trade. I made some doozies learning a couple of trades and it does take several years before one becomes competent - competent enough to fix mistakes on the fly and do the job right in a reasonable amount of time. Right now, I believe OB is still learning on the job and I think he's at a point where he should be turning the corner.....
Old 04-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
... it just surprises me because Watson and Mahomes, the other quarterback BOB is supposed to be in love with, could not be farther from what I understand BOB's ideal quarterback to be.
I can't figure out what BOB wants in a QB other than 'good'. He's had tall ones, short ones, young ones, old ones, smart ones, dumb ones, big-arm ones, noodle-arm ones... The common denominator in all is that none have been good. Other than good and/or non-drive killer, I can't figure out what his type of QB is.