IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 12-14-2014, 10:41 PM
Hall of Fame

OMG, forgot to complete my picks in the pickem contest.... Could've swore I did this.... Goodbye two #1 rankings...
Old 12-15-2014, 02:40 PM
Drafted Rookie

Arky, I've been close behind you in both pick'ems. I had hoped to catch you, but I sure didn't want to do it this way.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'ball Fool View Post
Arky, I've been close behind you in both pick'ems. I had hoped to catch you, but I sure didn't want to do it this way.
Eh, no problem. I'm in too many contests.

I play ESPN pickems, Yahoo pickems and SBR pickem contests (mentioned above). I was #1 in the TT spread contest and the ITB (no-spread) contest. I made my ESPN picks and SBR picks and for whatever reason, thought I had finished my Yahoo picks. But no joy when I took a peek late Sunday night.... Weird because I usually check how I'm doing all day Sunday..... I coulda salvaged the afternoon games had I checked in...

In addition, I'm in a cash spread pickem contest at SBR and this was the last weekend to pick so I was totally focused on that one. Cash payouts for the top 25. I had been in 12th place out of 620 coming into the weekend but I went 2-3 this week and it dropped me down to 18th pending MNF. Still, I'm in line to win $150 but it could have been much much more I had done well (like 5-0) this weekend..... like hundreds of dollars more.... But oh well, thems the breaks. All one can do is to keep going forward and do the best you can....
Old 12-17-2014, 06:03 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post

.......Still, I'm in line to win $150 but it could have been much much more I had done well (like 5-0) this weekend..... like hundreds of dollars more.........
Ended up coming in 19th in the SBR Beat the Prick contest (5 spread picks/wk, first 15 weeks of college/pro football).
Old 12-18-2014, 04:15 PM
All-Pro

I can't seem to reach the Inthebullseye pickem league page to make my picks today? is there some problem or can you resend the link please.

Nevermind, perhaps had to do with changing my yahoo password, anyways, in now for this weeks picks.

There is a lot of parity in the league this year, so makes pickem a little fun.

I forgot one week last year, tough to come back from that.

So, for now I see I am one behind Foo and Keith and one ahead of Chuck.

likely ranking to change again, but pretty close at this time.

Last edited by Nconroe; 12-18-2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Drafted Rookie

This is the link that Arky had posted originally from page 1 of this thread:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Hope this helps.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Hall of Fame

Looks like it's going to be a photo finish in the Pickem contest. Just a reminder that playoffs are included so keep picking for the next 4 weekends. One good thing about picking the playoffs is the number of teams to be concerned with is greatly reduced....
Old 01-21-2015, 10:30 AM
Hall of Fame

With just one game left (Super Bowl) in the Pick'em contest, I think it's safe to declare Foo'ball Fool as the winner. Let's have a round of applause. (*waits for the clapping to stop*)

Foo'ball Fool: please contact me via PM to claim your $20 pizza e-gift card. Let me know whether Papa Johns or Dominos. I can even do Pizza Hut but that one will take a couple of extra days to process.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:16 AM
All-Pro

I finished ahead of most everyone who at one time or another forgot to make their picks.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:42 AM
Drafted Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
I finished ahead of most everyone who at one time or another forgot to make their picks.
Yeah, that does make it easier, but it isn't nearly as much fun. It would be like beating the Patriots, but with no Brady or Gronk. I believe nearly everyone except me missed at least a few picks here or there during the season.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'ball Fool View Post
Yeah, that does make it easier, but it isn't nearly as much fun. It would be like beating the Patriots, but with no Brady or Gronk. I believe nearly everyone except me missed at least a few picks here or there during the season.
Nope, I made them all.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:29 PM
All-Pro

Congrats to Foo. Care to share your secret to success?
Old 01-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Drafted Rookie

As Chuck noted, it helps when almost everyone else missed picks during the season. In my case, you could say that even a blind pig finds an acorn once in a while.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:07 PM
Drafted Rookie

Chuck, I replied to NConroe before I realized you had replied, too. I thought you had missed a pick awhile back. I guess I was mistaken. I know Arky and Keith missed picks. Without actually going back and looking week-by-week, I'm not sure about the rest. What really felt good about winning this one is that the competition here is so much better than it is in the other Pick'ems I've been involved with this season and in the past.
Old 01-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Congrats Foo. I did miss a couple picks, but I don't think it would have been enough to catch you.
Old 01-22-2015, 03:30 PM
All-Pro

same here, I know I was late for atleast one game pick but likely would have picked the looser had I been on time. last year missed a whole weekend, that is near impossible to recover from.

there were throughout the season maybe two weekends where I missed like 4 picks( maybe real upsets, but others seemed to get them) otherwise like you said just blind luck finding acorns.

enjoyed it so thanks for setting it up Arky.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:48 AM
All-Pro

Hell I missed the whole season.

I knew that I would not be able to keep up this season with all the Thursday Night games and all. So I am a perfect 0 for 0.

Way to go Foo!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:29 AM
Drafted Rookie

Arky, got your PM about the pizza. Thanks, again, for setting all this up. I've enjoyed it.