IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you trade D-Rob for Landry?
Yes 17 94.44%
No 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Regular Starter

Default LaRon Landry may be up for trade, any interest?

I would pull a straight switch with Landry for Drob? Anybody else?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...no-show-in-dc/
Old 06-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular Starter

I would even do DRob and a fourth for him.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Regular Starter

No question, in a heartbeat. I'd throw in a pick or two if necessary.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:23 PM
All-Pro

I dunno, what's his beef ? He's only been in the league for 2 years so surely he's not holding out for more money already ?
Old 06-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Regular Starter

I don't know but he is in the money years of his rookie contract, I think since those contracts are always backloaded.
Old 06-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Drafted Rookie

Without hesitation. DRob and Jacoby Jones for LaRon Landry
Old 06-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Pro Bowler

What exactly, has Landry done to make you think it is worth DRob & JJ? Let's not give up the ranch now.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:21 PM
Veteran Depth

DRob and Jacoby = the ranch? really? what has jacoby done apart from fumble 1 out of every 4 times he touches the ball? Landry was a guy I wanted badly when he came out. If DRob isn't quite enough, and all we have to throw in is a guy with decent speed who occasionally shows flashes while overall performing like he belongs in the arena league, I'm all for it. I don't really see JJ seeing the field much at all anyway, what with angry dre, walter, and the string dance in front of him. Add in the fact that we now have 30 TE's, and there's even less touches for your boy jacoby. do that trade in a heartbeat!
Old 06-07-2009, 08:51 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBT View Post
What exactly, has Landry done to make you think it is worth DRob & JJ? Let's not give up the ranch now.
That's what I'm also asking ? I know he was a very high pick coming out of LSU after having an outstanding career there and was "oddly" the second safety taken by the Redskins in the top 10 in just a few short years, but I dunno what he's done in the 2 years he's been in the NFL ? Haven't really heard much about him ? And you know you'd have to assume a big cap obligation if you took him.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:19 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbowlbound View Post
DRob and Jacoby = the ranch? really? what has jacoby done apart from fumble 1 out of every 4 times he touches the ball? Landry was a guy I wanted badly when he came out. If DRob isn't quite enough, and all we have to throw in is a guy with decent speed who occasionally shows flashes while overall performing like he belongs in the arena league, I'm all for it. I don't really see JJ seeing the field much at all anyway, what with angry dre, walter, and the string dance in front of him. Add in the fact that we now have 30 TE's, and there's even less touches for your boy jacoby. do that trade in a heartbeat!
Back at you...........what exactly, has LaRon Landry done to warrant two players, and why all of a sudden is he tradebait?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Back at you...........what exactly, has LaRon Landry done to warrant two players, and why all of a sudden is he tradebait?
What has he done? Aside from being one of the best young safeties in the NFL?

He's an un and coming player. I don't know what the riff is, or if it's even legitimate. But, if you have the opportunity to trade a player in a contract dispute, who wants more money than he's worth, who's (or will be) only under contract for one more year for one of the best up and coming safeties, you do it.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
What has he done? Aside from being one of the best young safeties in the NFL?

He's an un and coming player. I don't know what the riff is, or if it's even legitimate. But, if you have the opportunity to trade a player in a contract dispute, who wants more money than he's worth, who's (or will be) only under contract for one more year for one of the best up and coming safeties, you do it.
There's a reason he's being rumored to be traded. He hasn't participated in the off season program the last couple of years. You may be just trading one disgruntled player looking for a huge deal for another one. I have no idea if it's the case, but good young players aren't available for trade unless their is a good reason.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:55 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
There's a reason he's being rumored to be traded. He hasn't participated in the off season program the last couple of years. You may be just trading one disgruntled player looking for a huge deal for another one. I have no idea if it's the case, but good young players aren't available for trade unless their is a good reason.
I'll take a healthy disgruntled player at a position of need and IS in the top 5 at his position over a disgruntled player who is coming back from an injury who thinks he should be paid like a top 5 player at his position.

With the emergence of Glover Quinn to play Nickleback, this would be a no-brainer. Of course we just have to talk the Redskins into the deal.
Old 06-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
I'll take a healthy disgruntled player at a position of need and IS in the top 5 at his position over a disgruntled player who is coming back from an injury who thinks he should be paid like a top 5 player at his position.

With the emergence of Glover Quinn to play Nickleback, this would be a no-brainer. Of course we just have to talk the Redskins into the deal.
And who is on his BEST day at most was barely a top 10 and now lucky to crack the top 20.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:37 AM
Pro Bowler

The Redskins are not getting rid of Landry. This is a minor issue that is probably no big deal to the Redskins.

Actually, I'm surprised more veteran players don't boycott OTA's. "Team player" or not, there's no contractual obligation to do it and I'm sure these guys feel they already know the system and want the time off when they're supposed to be off. Most of these guys probably have families and kids that are just getting out of school and want to spend time with them or go on a spring/summer vacation. There's not that big of a window for family vacation time with the school and Training Camp schedules.

The fact of the matter is the NFL opened themselves up to this sort of mess by not negotiating that OTA's be mandatory. Again, I'm surprised veteran players put up with it. Are the Redskins going to bench Landry because he didn't attend OTA's 3-4 months before the season? Of course not.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
The Redskins are not getting rid of Landry. This is a minor issue that is probably no big deal to the Redskins.

Actually, I'm surprised more veteran players don't boycott OTA's. "Team player" or not, there's no contractual obligation to do it and I'm sure these guys feel they already know the system and want the time off when they're supposed to be off. Most of these guys probably have families and kids that are just getting out of school and want to spend time with them or go on a spring/summer vacation. There's not that big of a window for family vacation time with the school and Training Camp schedules.

The fact of the matter is the NFL opened themselves up to this sort of mess by not negotiating that OTA's be mandatory. Again, I'm surprised veteran players put up with it. Are the Redskins going to bench Landry because he didn't attend OTA's 3-4 months before the season? Of course not.
I agree with much of your take on OTAs popanot, especially considering how so many vets say they get absolutely nothing out of it. They say they did as a rookie, but after that first year it has no value for them and just becomes very redundant and monotonous.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:06 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
With the emergence of Glover Quinn to play Nickleback
Dang RP, this guy runs around in shorts a couple weeks and you've already got him as the savior of our DBackfield. I dunno maybe even going to the ProBowl his rook year, huh ?
Old 06-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Pro Bowler

I've just got a gut feeling that Landry wouldn't do all that well with the Texans. But since most of the rest of you think so highly of him, I will shut my trap and just see what transprires.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Dang RP, this guy runs around in shorts a couple weeks and you've already got him as the savior of our DBackfield. I dunno maybe even going to the ProBowl his rook year, huh ?
If it comes down to Dunta and Eugene Wilson vs. Quinn and Landry, I'll take that second combo.

Jeez, I said he could play some Nickle, not become the next Champ Bailey.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
I've just got a gut feeling that Landry wouldn't do all that well with the Texans. But since most of the rest of you think so highly of him, I will shut my trap and just see what transprires.
The possibility of getting a pro-bowl caliber player at possibly our greatest position of need, SS, is an extremely intriguing possibility, one that can't be ignored. Why?

It would make our team better, a thumper with range and cover skills, he would bring something to the table we have never had, and that is a borderline elite safety.

How long have we as fans, been calling for an explosive game breaker type of RB, and how long did those cries go ignored? Then Slaton, and the results of that particular selection speak for themselves.

Ever since Matt Stevens stepped on the field we have been starved for quality, struggles that continued with Glenn Earl, C.C. Brown, Will Demps, etc. The list is a mile, paved with ineptitude, and leading us inevitably on a path of desperation, seeking that ever elusive difference maker.

And you scoff at the possibility, NBT, how dare you? I bet you kick puppies and old people too. Jk.

I am interested to hear your thoughts on why not amidst all this agreement.