IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn

Old 09-09-2013, 05:02 PM
Pro Bowler

Default Taking a FFL Gamble

My FFL team miraculously came back from a whopping 90pt deficit at the hands of Manning's monster game and I now hold a slim 0.73pt lead in my matchup. The only player left going tonight for either team is my K, Randy Bullock. I'm seriously debating whether to sit him and not play a K. The drawback or risk to that is, .73 is not a big margin and if NFL.com happens to make a point adjustment during the week (1pt + for my opponent or -1 for me) I've given away win. Am I nuts for sitting Bullock thinking he's going to miss a FG and screw up? It's a gamble either way, I guess.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Administrator

Can't play scared!

Late adjustments do scare me though. There could be a sack (or not) that could easily be adjusted.

Bullock could miss, but to not crack 0 for the whole game would be pretty unusual.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Pro Bowler

LOL. Thanks, Keith! Yeah, I have hard time trusting Elias or whoever to NOT make an adjustment. It'd be just my luck too.

Bad thing is, I was down by only ~3.5 points going into SNF game with me having Dez Bryant playing and thinking I had it in the bag. Well sure enough, Dallas doesn't even look Dez's way most of the night and he ends up with a paltry ~4 points. Now I have to count on an unproven K not to screw up.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Administrator

Thought of this last night.... in a redraft league where I have Greg Jennings tonight (ugh, I've lost both Julio Jones and Randall Cobb!) and a 1-point lead. My opponent is done for the week. I am just sure Jennings is going to fumble his first reception and limp off the field.

...but the extra points could help in tie-breakers for seeding in a playoff bye. It's pretty nip and tuck in this league.