IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 04-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Pro Bowler

Default My Mock

WTH, I'll probably be just as accurate as anyone else, so I'll give it a shot...

1. TB - Jameis Winston
No surprise here. They just keep their fingers crossed that he keeps his nose clean, keeps from making table-top declarations, and buys his crabs with his owns cash from now on.

2. PHL - Marcus Mariota
The Chipster goes whacky again. He sends Bradford/Kendricks/#53 to CLE for #12 and Johnny Football (eating JF's contract - and to the disgruntlement of Matt Barkley), and then he sends #12, #20 and a 2016 #1 to TENN for #2. Note: Might take more than Brad/Ken/#53 as the package to CLE for #12, but regardless, The Chipster gets it done. They also free CLE of the JF headache and $.

3. JAX - Dante Fowler
My gut says they might surprise and go Gurley here, but in my mock, the SEA mindset prevails and they go D. Would not be shocked to see them go Gurley, though.

4. OAK - Leonard Williams
SoCal dreams.

5. WASH - Vic Beasley
Could (and probably should) go OL, but they also need D and losing Orakpo makes this (or a pass rusher) the logical choice.

6. NYJ - Todd Gurley
Ivory is nothing special and NYJ needs a top talent at a prime position - not withstanding the addition of Marshall on O and Revis on D. This is to offset the continued crappy QB-play and also add some offensive star power to compete with OBJ's rise to fame. Oh...and did I say offset the crappy QB-play??

7. CHI - Kevin White
Upgrade to Marshall? Certainly mentally, but alas, Cutler brings him down.

8. ATL - Alvin Dupree
This team needs some D (and probably OL) in the worst way.

9. NYG - Brandon Schreff
Seems like a NYG sort of pick. Well, that and the fact Eli was either on his back or running for his life on almost every passing play.

10. STL - Amari Cooper
Can Fisher FINALLY hit on a WR?? I take that back... He re-signed Kenny Britt... Oh, wait...

11. MINN - Trae Waynes - Or Marcus Peters
MINN is building a stout, young D and they have the coach that knows how to get it working in top form very soon.

12. TENN - DeVante Parker
Possum Holler goes with Mett at QB (nobody ever said the folks running that show were smart) and get him a weapon. Especially important since it doesn't look like Justin Hunter is anything special at this point.

13. NO - Ereck Flowers
Build.The.Running.Game.

14. MIA - Shane Ray
Struggled a bit with this pick since they don't seem to have any big weaknesses. I don't think they go WR or RB like some of the pundits do. IMO, Dion Jordan is looking more and more like a bust or about to be on the druggie suspended list so they go with the productive and steady pass rusher.

15. SF - Marcus Peters - Or Trae Waynes
Do they have any CBs left on that roster? Might even go LB since they don't have any more of those either.

16. HOU - Melvin Gordon - I know, I know, I'm on the RB kick with the Texans... I just think they should get one of the top talents while they can, and I think Gurley or Gordon offer great value at #16. Sure, Foster was productive last year but he isn't getting any younger and I don't see them paying that sort of $ much longer. He's also had his share of injuries the last few years. I'm not so sure Blue is the ultimate answer either. Besides, Gordon would make a nice compliment this year to Foster/Blue and he will be the RB of the future. I'm looking for a homerun hitter at RB and MG has the goods. Anyway, I talked to CLE about trading down to #19 gambling that MG would still be there, but then felt the risk was too high that SD would scoop him up at #17 before I could swing back and get him at #19. NOTE: I don't recall Smith ever making trades with his high-round picks and I don't think he does it here. He's been more prone to make trades in the later rounds and more than likely does so again this year.

17. SD - La'el Collins
SD couldn't swing a deal for #2 and Mariota and the top two RBs are gone. At this point, they've come to the realization that they gotta protect old man Rivers. Now the fans (and Rivers) are left wondering when they'll come to realization that LA is a civic and football cesspool and life is good in beautiful seaside SD.

18. KC - D.J. Humphries
Reid loves his OL - and doughnuts.

19. CLE - Danny Shelton
CLE got Bradford, purged Johnny-Rotten, got a good, young LB in Kendricks and another #2, so they go about building the core with Shelton. Of course, knowing CLE, they'll get this all wrong.

20. TENN - Arik Armstead
Possum Holler focuses on D with their 2nd 2015 #1 pick. Of course, knowing TENN, they'll get this all wrong.

21. CINN - Randy Gregory
CINN isn't afraid of high risk players and they potentially get a top talent late in RD1.

22. PITT - Landon Collins
The Human Hairball retired so they've got to fill S somehow. Highly doubt Shamarko is the answer, and I highly doubt PITT does either.

23. DET - Jordan Phillips
Think teams are gonna run up the middle on DET until they fill that gapping hole? Nagata is OK, but they need far more than him.

24. MINN - Cameron Erving
AZ, seeing that Gurley & Gordon are now off the board, as well as DAL looming only a few picks away, get desperate and trades this pick to MINN for AP. Also in the deal, they flip-flop 2nd RD picks - with AZ getting #45 and MINN getting #55 - and MINN gets a condition 2016 pick (as high as a #2, no later than a #4) depending on AP's production. Cam Erving helps keep Teddy upright and MINN drafts RB Cobb in RD3.

25. CAR - Nelson Agholor
Could be J. Strong or Perriman here, but I think they lean more towards possession/steady-and-reliable with this pick. I'm also factoring in they already have a big, young WR they drafted last year and they go more with the 'route' guy and slot/seam buster.

26. BAL - Breshard Perriman
Upgrade to Smith? Maybe, maybe not, but Ozzy is sure happy to find out.

27. DAL - Eric Kendricks
Could go CB, but I think they go MLB since they lost McClain and who knows if Sean Lee will be the same player. Could also see them going with a more athletic LB like Benardrick McKinney.

28. DEN - Andrus Peat
Gotta protect Pumpkinhead so they go with Peat. Either him or maybe some other OL that might be a better fit in the Kube system. OL here, though.

29. IND - Eddie Goldman
I'd be more worried about protecting The Franchise, but Irsay tokes a few and goes D.

30. GB - Eli Harold
Wanted to go CB here, but moving Matthews to ILB was such a success at the end of last year and in the playoffs, they leave him there and fill in at DE/OLB. Could also see Benardrick McKinney here.

31. OAK - Jalen Strong
NO, in the eyes of everyone but their PR machine, are in full rebuild mode and turn out to be the movers and shakers of the draft. They make numerous trades during the draft. Here, they trade #31 to OAK for pick #35 and OAK's #4. OAK comes away with the nice DE and WR haul on Day1.

32. NE - Byron Jones
Seems like a NE sort of pick and they lost arguably the best CB in the game. Could also see someone like Benardrick McKinney here if he's still on the board.

Last edited by popanot; 04-22-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Fixed some stuff and added comments
Old 04-24-2015, 03:10 PM
Pro Bowler

Eckel must have read my mock. LOL! j/k

Quote:
(Rotoworld)NJ.com's Mark Eckel passes along a "rumor making its rounds in NFL personnel meetings" of the Eagles trading Sam Bradford to the Browns for the No. 19 overall pick in the draft.

Analysis: The Browns already offered No. 19 to the Rams for Bradford, prior to his trade to Philadelphia. St. Louis didn't accept because it wanted a quarterback, and wound up acquiring Nick Foles. The Browns are "still said to have interest" in Bradford. Per Eckel, the rumor has the Eagles then sending Nos. 19 and 20 -- plus Mychal Kendricks and Fletcher Cox -- to the Titans in exchange for No. 2 overall, where Philly would select Marcus Mariota. Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reported Friday that Bradford currently believes the Eagles may be planning to trade him.
He got the details slightly wrong, tho.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:56 PM
All-Pro

Three questions:

1) If the Eagles figured they could trade all this for Mariota, then why on earth did they sign Tim Tebow?

2) So, to give up #2, the Titans will receive #19, #20, Mychel Kendricks and Fletcher Cox. Trading down 17 spots in the first round may be a record. Would the Titans really go there, even for that?

Reminds me a bit of what the Oilers gave Tampa Bay to acquire the rights to Earl Campbell.

3) So why would Sam The Slammed Bradford want to caddy Johnny Football?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:29 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Three questions:

1) If the Eagles figured they could trade all this for Mariota, then why on earth did they sign Tim Tebow?

2) So, to give up #2, the Titans will receive #19, #20, Mychel Kendricks and Fletcher Cox. Trading down 17 spots in the first round may be a record. Would the Titans really go there, even for that?

Reminds me a bit of what the Oilers gave Tampa Bay to acquire the rights to Earl Campbell.

3) So why would Sam The Slammed Bradford want to caddy Johnny Football?
1) Tebow signed a 1 year $660,000 contract with no guarantee. He will be given a chance to beat out Matt Barkley for the #3 job. What would that have to do with Marriota?

3) What Bradford wants really doesn't matter if the Eagles want to trade him.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:09 PM
Pro Bowler

I think two #1's, a young and talented/proven LB, and a young and talented/proven DE is a pretty good haul for the #2 pick - especially if you're not sold on the talent at the top of the draft. CLE is currently the only team with two #1's and they certainly couldn't offer the type of package that this PHL package is rumored to be. If the Texans had gotten that kind of offer last year (2 young starters and 2 #1's), I would've jumped on it

You wouldn't take:
Kendricks
Cox
And, say, Marcus Peters and Breshard Perriman

Over
Mariota or player xyz at #2?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:01 PM
All-Pro

I would take Fletcher Cox for Mariota and be a happy little camper. You throw in Kendricks and I will feel like I got away with grand larceny. Plus Perriman and then, I woke up.