IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 09-28-2020, 02:31 AM
Hall of Fame

Just something about this offense.... It is so ..... generic. There no style, no innovation.... team aren't going to be rushing to copy from the Texan playbook. If the rhythm ain't there, they can look ice cold. Watson's athleticism can keep things going but sometimes that is not enough. When they weren't going conservative with the run in the second half, the defensive pressure was blowing up the pass plays. They (OB/Kelly) failed to recognize the trend that was taking place and adjust to it.... Where's the quick passes, the screens, the plays designed to keep a defense honest? One of the receivers needs to step up and do the role Hopkins was so good at - getting 8 or 10 yards when you really need it....

---------------------------------------------------------------

Will the Texans get a turnover in 2020? They are the only team in the NFL without a turnover (takeaway). The Pats and the Browns are tied for the takeaway lead with 7 each.

----------------------------------------------------------------

NFL: Never mind there is untold body fluids flying on each play but hey, you coaches need to mask up or we'll fine ya bigtime....

----------------------------------------------------------------

Early line has the Texans as 4 pt favorites over the Vikings next Sunday.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:52 PM
All-Pro

I am already looking to see who should be the next head coach. But I'm sadly aware that Cal will not fire this pathetic excuss for an "offensive genius". One of the most middle of the pack head coaches in league history.

This team is so hard to watch. ANd how sad they have wasted JJ Watt, trade him to Pittsburg so he can play with his brothers
Old 09-28-2020, 06:20 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
This team is so hard to watch. ANd how sad they have wasted JJ Watt, trade him to Pittsburg so he can play with his brothers
Only if we can get a #1 draft pick for him. I'm tired of dealing our best players and getting no first round draft capital for them.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:27 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The Nexans are dead last in the league in point differential and margin of defeat. They are worse than the Giants. They are even worse than the Jets, and I don't know how you could go about fielding a worse team than the Jets.
No idea why I am defending them but I have to point out the degree of difficulty. I think most of the league would start 0-3 if they opened against the Chiefs, the Ravens and the Steelers. That's like Vanderbilt opening their SEC football season against Alabama, Georgia and Florida. 0-3 is a given.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:42 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Only if we can get a #1 draft pick for him.
You don't... really... uh... follow the team too... closely, do you?
Old 09-29-2020, 08:26 PM
All-Pro

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
You don't... really... uh... follow the team too... closely, do you?
Oh, I understand I'm a few years too late. In fact, I would not be surprised if J.J. is a cap casualty next Spring. Then again, Bill O'Brien can't be the only idiot G.M. out there. SOME other moron could be dazzled by the star value. The Lions, maybe. The Raiders. The Giants. It could happen.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:18 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Oh, I understand I'm a few years too late. In fact, I would not be surprised if J.J. is a cap casualty next Spring. Then again, Bill O'Brien can't be the only idiot G.M. out there. SOME other moron could be dazzled by the star value. The Lions, maybe. The Raiders. The Giants. It could happen.
Bill's not the only idiot out there.

He's just the only one without a boss or accountability.
Old 09-30-2020, 07:21 AM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
The old Raiders were so great. Great cast of characters. Always diverse. All the league's aging badboys could count on Al Davis giving them a job in their last few years. It was the last stop. If you couldn't make it with the Raiders, it was time to retire. Stabler (not so much), Matusak, Alzado, Lester Hayes.... They put some good teams together with all these "leftovers"...