IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
Pro Bowler

Okay, I jokingly made the call on TE (and much to my obvious disappointment now). So here goes... My predictions for the 5th, 6th and 7th are:

5th - WR - Riley Cooper - We take our obligatory white-boy WR.
6th - QB - Plug in name here. He'll ride the PS for 1 or 2 years and be out of the league shortly thereafter.
7th - K - Brent Bowden - This actually makes more sense than their picks from RDs 3 and 4.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:39 AM
All-Pro

So, does anybody believe that Jonathan Dwyer and Anthony Dixon were overrated by draft gurus and mock drafts?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:41 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
RB Jonathan Dwyer
DT Cam Thomas
CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
RB Anthony Dixon
The Cowboys just got the Akwasi Awusu-Ansah project at CB/FS. This means I'll get to see him every Sunday to see who good he 'could have been'
for the Texans.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So, does anybody believe that Jonathan Dwyer and Anthony Dixon were overrated by draft gurus and mock drafts?
Couch scouts are usually in the dark on actual medical and character issues teams identify which is often why some guys get drafted much lower than their highlight films show. Maybe that's what happened here, who knows.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:43 AM
All-Pro

Beats me. I don't see need or value in either of these choices. As usual, we ignore the safety position.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:49 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Couch scouts are usually in the dark on actual medical and character issues teams identify which is often why some guys get drafted much lower than their highlight films show. Maybe that's what happened here, who knows.
I think the main thing was that was ignored was the 4.64 and 4.69 at the Combine. Most mocks had already slated Dwyer as a 1st round pick based upon his yardage and Dixon was also rated highly because he did so well in the SEC. However, in the NFL a RB without breakaway speed isn't going to generate that much buzz and desire. I basically put both of these guys in the 4th/5th round expecting they wouldn't be there. I believe that James Starks from tiny Buffalo may get drafted first.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
All-Pro

We have the 13th pick in this round and Kam Chancellor just went to Seattle.

The 5th round is when I thought about taking Marshall Newhouse to play OG eventually. Cam Thomas is really a good value here. I wouldn't be dissapointed if we took FS Robert Johnson here, because I want a BallHawk.
That kid from Michigan Donovan Warren is a maybe? Would they like Myron Rolle?

Eric Olsen is strong and could maybe be better than Studdard at some point.

Meanwhile the Eagles are loading up on pass-rushers.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
Pro Bowler

Who knows what they want? I'm starting to think they don't even know what they want. Quinn was a good pick, but has Smith made any other 2nd-Day picks that have panned out or even shown real promise? I have to say, I can't remember a 2nd-Day draft under Smith that hasn't left me baffled. Oh well...
Old 04-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular Starter

Brice McCain as a nickel/dime corner I guess. Barber has played some, but yeah I get your point.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
Who knows what they want? I'm starting to think they don't even know what they want. Quinn was a good pick, but has Smith made any other 2nd-Day picks that have panned out or even shown real promise? I have to say, I can't remember a 2nd-Day draft under Smith that hasn't left me baffled. Oh well...
Studdard,
F. Bennett
D. Barber
B. McCain
James Casey

all those have showed promise, at least.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Diles, Bennett, Studdard, Adibi, McCain, and Casey all look good enough to be on an NFL roster and contribute (some contribute poorly).
Old 04-24-2010, 11:25 AM
All-Pro

At this point, I think I'm going to reach for MY FS Robert Johnson, because there isn't another one in the draft that I want.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Pro Bowler

OK... Diles and Quinn - and I'll give Casey a pass for another year. While some of the others have contributed, most have been benched and replaced at some point. They've found some role players and depth - which is OK, but I'd like to see a little higher percentage of 'hits' (or at least picks that make sense ) over 3~4 drafts.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
OK... Diles and Quinn - and I'll give Casey a pass for another year. While some of the others have contributed, most have been benched and replaced at some point. They've found some role players and depth - which is OK, but I'd like to see a little higher percentage of 'hits' (or at least picks that make sense ) over 3~4 drafts.
Well, it's been 3 drafts: and 2 started all season for a pretty good team last year: Studdard and Quin... Casey, Barber, McCain made significant contributions. They've been pretty good but not great on the last day of the draft.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Pro Bowler

Well one thing is for sure... We should have hella ST coverage this year. I guess if Jackson and Tate play a big role, and we get some decent production out of Mitchell, it will all be good.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Administrator

CB Sherrick McManis

Northwestern, 3-yr starter
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 AM
All-Pro

Sherrick McManis over Donovan Warren (too slow) and AJ Jefferson (too raw). I just wish that we would have waited and gotten Crezdon Butler.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:39 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
I read a report that Dwyer tested positive for amphetamines.....??

On a side note, McFadden and P. Cox were just selected, narrowing down our options for a late round DB.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:40 AM
All-Pro

Cam Thomas finally drafted. Not bad value.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:41 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwood View Post
I read a report that Dwyer tested positive for amphetamines.....??

On a side note, McFadden and P. Cox were just selected, narrowing down our options for a late round DB.
Alex Henderson! (northern arizona)-- I would flip if we got him in round 6.