155 Lawrence Marsh DT Florida 6-4 305
187 Emmanuel Moody RB Florida 6-0 210
219 Butch Lewis OT Southern California 6-5 288

If we do not make the playoffs

10 Mark Ingram RB Alabama 5-10 212
42 Deunta Williams FS North Carolina 6-2 205
74 Curtis Brown CB Texas 6-0 180
106 Jarvis Jenkins DT Clemson 6-4 310

BTW no way is this anywhere close to the final mock. Player off the radar early will move into the 1st round. Players in the 1st round will drop to the 7th.

Any body want a solid list to go by when the college season starts in August should check out cbssports.com

As we stand now, we have a couple of needs to address next year FS, NT which they seem to avoid, development QB, a RB every year, an OG/OC guy, and a development OT, and of course you never have enough CBs.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
NT which they seem to avoid,
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/q_...?Q_AND_A_ID=40

Josh - San Francisco, CA, US: What attributes are you looking for in a Nose Tackle? For instance, is getting upfield more important than holding the point against a double-team.

Defensive coordinator Frank Bush: Josh, thanks for the great question. You have to have a combination. I put a premium on players that get upfield. I like big, quick and explosive nose tackles that get upfield and penetrate to create a new line of scrimmage.

______

To me this does not sound like the NT many fans want. Amobi Okoye was suppose to be this. Mitchell sounds like this. I don't think Bush is talking 3-4 NT big..I'm thinking 310-320 which Mitchel may be able to grow into.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:19 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Joe View Post
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/q_...?Q_AND_A_ID=40

Josh - San Francisco, CA, US: What attributes are you looking for in a Nose Tackle? For instance, is getting upfield more important than holding the point against a double-team.

Defensive coordinator Frank Bush: Josh, thanks for the great question. You have to have a combination. I put a premium on players that get upfield. I like big, quick and explosive nose tackles that get upfield and penetrate to create a new line of scrimmage.

______

To me this does not sound like the NT many fans want. Amobi Okoye was suppose to be this. Mitchell sounds like this. I don't think Bush is talking 3-4 NT big..I'm thinking 310-320 which Mitchel may be able to grow into.
Which is why we have been starting two guys who have not been able to do just that.

In Okoye's defense he has been playing at the highest weight he ever has, and he is reported to have dropped his weight back to 295, the weight he was when he played at the senior bowl. He is hoping this will allow him to play with the quickness he showed back then.

If Okoye refinds his quickness, and Mitchell lives up to his potential, our DTs could become a pass rushing force.

Now I must remember that Mitchell is very raw having only played DT for 2 years and has a lot to learn, so it maybe a year before we really see him shine. Remember that Winston took some time to get on the field and had a few bumps at the start.

We are such a young team I really think next year is the year we make a lot of noise in the AFC, this year we should get a taste, next year we become a factor.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:11 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
You have to have a combination. I put a premium on players that get upfield. I like big, quick and explosive nose tackles that get upfield and penetrate to create a new line of scrimmage.

______

To me this does not sound like the NT many fans want.

To me, that sounds EXACTLY like Dan Williams. If we didn't absolutely NEED a RB and CB (the GM may have felt like neither of those holes could be filled in the 3rd round), then we should have selected Big Dan Williams from Tennessee. Potentially, we could have traded next year's 1st rounder, for a 2nd rounder in this draft and selected Ben Tate (potentially). However, that would have required us to 'reach' for a CB at #51 to select perhaps Amari Spievey. The other option is that the 3rd round pick could have gone to taking Brandon Ghee or Kevin Thomas. Just not sure if the Texans felt comfortable waiting and hoping for a CB in the 3rd.

I'll let Frank Bush in on a little secret. Getting big, quick, explosive Nose Tackles that get upfield isn't easy to do outside the top 15. It will be interesting to see how Linval Joseph develops, because he may become that type of guy in the NFL. Of course he was gone at #46.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Veteran Depth

I'll add a couple

Bruce Carter Sr. OLB North Carolina
Sean Spence Jr. OLB Miami
Old 04-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Veteran Depth

I'm thinking Price is more what Bush wants than Williams.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm thinking Price is more what Bush wants than Williams.
DT Brian Price 6'1" 303 UCLA 5.13 34 28.5 2.87 1.75 8
DT Dan Williams 6'2" 327 Tennessee 5.19 27 32 2.96 1.75 8

What leads you to believe that?
Old 04-29-2010, 10:46 PM
Veteran Depth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
DT Brian Price 6'1" 303 UCLA 5.13 34 28.5 2.87 1.75 8
DT Dan Williams 6'2" 327 Tennessee 5.19 27 32 2.96 1.75 8

What leads you to believe that?
He gets upfield and makes more plays than Williams behind the line of scrimmage. Price last season had as many sacks and almost as many TFL as Williams had in a 4 year career.