IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > Feedback and Updates

Old 09-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default Ike's Impact to ItB.com

Ike left his mark on ItB.com. I am a wandering vagabond it seems... and apparently near the bottom of the list for power restoration from CenterPoint Energy. As such, the front page of the site will remain as is for the time being.

Site traffic has been noticeably and predictably lower given our community's concerns with the storm and its aftermath. Hopefully all of you are alive and well, but if anyone has specific concerns and need a voice for something, please reply in this thread if you'd like.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
and apparently near the bottom of the list for power restoration from CenterPoint Energy.
I am apparently even lower on that list.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Well, I'm still without power... I was able to update the site's front page thanks to a generator loan from a friend who had power restored already.

I've got some cap info to update now, hoping to do that now either tonight or tomorrow sometime.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:12 PM
Regular Starter

Sorry to hear about you still being without power. Man, we take for granted to flip a switch and the lights come on. I bought a generator the week before Ike. It paid for itself in terms of keeping the fans, refrigerator and DISH going. I never thought the DISH would make it, had shingles torn off the house and my wood fence is laying down, but the DISH was a trooper.

Hope you get your lights on soon. Maybe we can meet for a beer to cry in on the 5th.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I never thought the DISH would make it, had shingles torn off the house and my wood fence is laying down, but the DISH was a trooper.
wow no kidding. considering the things i've seen, mcdonalds without a roof, 40 foot tall trees uprooted and such...it's pretty amazing that thing is still located in houston...

anyway, i hope you aren't stuck in the 1500's for too much longer keith (and anyone else) the 21st century is great. can't wait for the elbow-drop of a report you got cooked up about last week's game!

i hope everyone is alright!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
Hope you get your lights on soon. Maybe we can meet for a beer to cry in on the 5th.
F yeah. Lights came on less than an hour ago here in the ItB.com warroom.

As for meeting up... I'm not much of a social planner, but it all sounds good to me. I bring a wife and two kids to all the games, and we park in platinum if we want to meet around there or we can try to get together someplace else. I have just the one space, and I'm not normally much of a tailgator. I'm the sort that pulls into the lots around 80 mins before kickoff, weaving around the fans that have been theren there 3+ hours already.

Any suggestions from anyone? Is the Colts game the best for most of us?