IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Bullhorn
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Default 2009 Hurricane Season Thread

Ana first named storm from the Atlantic, Bill out there too. Follow along all season with SciGuy and Weather Underground.

Ana's computer models are intriguing. From Eric:
Quote:
The key question is how strong Ana will become. The official forecast is lower than most of the intensity forecast models (under "Early-cycle intensity guidance," click frame2). This is because of dry air around the storm and the fact that the official forecast brings Ana over Hispaniola, which forecaster Jack Beven notes is, "an occurrence that has destroyed storms much stronger than Ana."
http://blogs.chron.com/sciguy/archiv..._and_bill.html
Old 08-17-2009, 01:51 PM
Regular Starter

Woohoo.

I've always enjoyed Hurricane season and used to hope for a hurricane to hit the area. But, now that I've experienced one, I'll wish to enjoy it from afar for now on.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Woohoo.

I've always enjoyed Hurricane season and used to hope for a hurricane to hit the area. But, now that I've experienced one, I'll wish to enjoy it from afar for now on.

I take it you didn't grow up on the coast. I don't spend the entire hurricane season in a constant state of paranoid panic like some people. I can't say I have ever "hoped" for one to hit here though. Not that I mind a good hurricane party when one does come around though.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
I take it you didn't grow up on the coast. I don't spend the entire hurricane season in a constant state of paranoid panic like some people. I can't say I have ever "hoped" for one to hit here though. Not that I mind a good hurricane party when one does come around though.
I grew up here in Houston. I always enjoy good storms, so naturally I wanted to experience a hurricane. Now that I have though, going 3 weeks without power (and that was easy compared to what some experienced,) I'd rather not experience another one ever again.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:31 PM
All-Pro

Looks like all three won't come anywhere near Texas. My sister near Pensacola is probably getting some rain out of this although she says she doesn't need it this summer.