IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Other Sports

Old 04-11-2014, 01:27 AM
Hall of Fame

Default Astros 2014

Well, after 10 games the 2014 'stros record stands at 4-6.

They strikeout too much.

Last in the AL in hitting - .199 avg (only the Mets in the NL are worse at .190). Tonight's lineup had exactly 3 players hitting over .200. Take a bow Dexter Fowler (.381), Jose Altuve (.297) and Jonathan Villar (.226).

Surprisingly, they are tied for 3rd (out of 30) with 11 home runs.

Yes, it's early....

So far, Scott Feldman (2-0) is the "ace". lol

Crane has pretty much alienated an entire fan base by moving the team to the AL, pinching pennies and taking away local TV. But there's a lot of new blood in the pipeline..... I will follow them because I'm a Houstonian - that is what local fans do - root, root, root for the home team.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:40 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Well, after 10 games the 2014 'stros record stands at 4-6.

They strikeout too much.

Last in the AL in hitting - .199 avg (only the Mets in the NL are worse at .190). Tonight's lineup had exactly 3 players hitting over .200. Take a bow Dexter Fowler (.381), Jose Altuve (.297) and Jonathan Villar (.226).

Surprisingly, they are tied for 3rd (out of 30) with 11 home runs.

Yes, it's early....

So far, Scott Feldman (2-0) is the "ace". lol

Crane has pretty much alienated an entire fan base by moving the team to the AL, pinching pennies and taking away local TV. But there's a lot of new blood in the pipeline..... I will follow them because I'm a Houstonian - that is what local fans do - root, root, root for the home team.
I like your attitude Arky ! Now nothing gets it for me like the NFL and the Texans, but I will still follow and root for the Astros (same with the Rockets), maybe even get a hat or T-shirt. But it would sure help if the games were on TV.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:53 PM
All-Pro

I'm with you guys on Astros. Love baseball.

Hardly know names of any players.

Can't get Astros on TV unless playing Rangers, so can't get excited.

Hope they make a come back sooner rather than latter and figure out how to un-alienate us long time fans.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:43 AM
All-Pro

George Springer gets the call-up as Astros lose again. Seven of the nine batters in the Tuesday Astros lineup were hitting under .200. They fanned 12 times. Why the Astros retained their horrible batting coach is a wonder to me. At least they kicked last year's horrible pitching coach upstairs.

There was an article this weekend that asked what it costs for a family of four to pay to see a major league game in Houston. It was a trick question. Houston doesn't have a major league team.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:23 PM
Hall of Fame

Man, Springer certainly is warming up.... Already homered in today's game. I think that's having a homer in 5 out of the last 6 games..... Avg is up to .273....

Keep an eye on the Astros win %. Above .383, they won't lose 100. Below .383, they'll lose 100. Currently at .396.
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 PM
All-Pro

Friday's game against the Orioles looks like it will be on MLB Network *without* blackout per McTaggart. If you can't watch the Astros versus anyone but the Rangers, this is a chance to watch them while they are hot.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Friday's game against the Orioles looks like it will be on MLB Network *without* blackout per McTaggart. If you can't watch the Astros versus anyone but the Rangers, this is a chance to watch them while they are hot.
Thanks for the heads-up ! We've got MLB on our U-verse so look forward to the game tonight.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 AM
All-Pro

Thinking I will go watch game Sunday at 1pm with Rays.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 AM
All-Pro

Altuve had multiple stolen bases in four consecutive games.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...162722657.html

First time that has been done since 1917, so this is quite an achievement and needs some recognition.

Altuve is also leading the league in batting average I believe, like .335

So Astros may just loose less than 100 games this year if Altuve keeps this up.

Springer is doing pretty good with his home runs as well. And a couple young pitchers are like 8-4 each, so overall, things are improving.
Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM
All-Pro

I used to be a huge Astros fan, then the Carnival Barker took over the team. I slowly lost interest.

This season I have watched a few games and the call up of Springer and Altuve's play has made the team fun to watch. I've enjoyed the young guys enthusiasm.

IMO they are building a solid foundation.