IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > Feedback and Updates

Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Default Graphics and New Site Stuff

In case you can't tell already... I am pretty much hopeless on the graphical elements of web design. If anyone can offer their skills in this area and is willing to do so for no compensation whatsoever, let me know.

Also, I think it's inevitable that I'll set up a tip jar sometime later for donations. I'll try to avoid any ads if I can though.

Expect changes to the main site for the time being as I figure out what I want to do. Right now, I intend to continue to support the salary cap page, and I imagine I'll use the main page to post blog-like.

Your feedback is appreciated.

keith@inthebullseye.com
Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Veteran Depth

I very much appreciate that you're keeping the spirit of HPF alive, Keith. Even though I haven't posted much in the past year because of school, I was still a frequent reader in the forums. Long live ItB.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 PM
Street Free Agent

Agreed. Keith, thanks for everything. I don't know much about the graphical part of web design, sorry.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 AM
Undrafted Rookie

Glad your back and look foward to "most" of the old gangs participation!

Can't help with the graphics or design issues (sorry). Finally found the "on" switch!
Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 AM
Pro Bowler

It's great to have the board back, guys!

We gotta get all the regulars around. I need my draft knowledge!
Old 04-22-2008, 07:44 AM
Administrator

No apologies needed. I'll figure something out. I have something in mind for the logo/banner of the site, and I'll probably tinker with it this weekend.

As you can tell already, it will be a slow build before all of the regulars find their way back here. I'm hoping this weekend we'll see a spike with the draft. I won't be updating the front of the site too much until Saturday, but from there, hopefully I'll keep it regular.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:27 AM
On the Sidelines

Found this the other day via the link from the Dynasty site, now it has the board too. Nice. I was missing out on the ussual wildness that is pre-draft ranting/guessing.

But that all being said, I was missing the commentary of a few key notables. I hope they find their way like I have. Although there are a few that I hope do not...

Honestly the last group would be more those who parrot Sports Radio and Comical lines of thought rather than something of their own design. Even if I don't agree with what others think, I at least prefer original thought to that! But I also don't like people unwilling to consider they might be wrong...

Oh, screw it, I hate EVERYONE who doesn't agree with me! (not really, but I started thinking that as I typed the above)

I may not have been a huge poster person (and probably never will), but I did check HPF most every day, as I probably will this.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:38 AM
Regular Starter

Sweet. Thanks for the new digs, I feel whole again. Could not get into the other boards.

I'll keep your address, let me know when you want a donation to help with costs. Or if there is another way you prefer payment let me know.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Undrafted Rookie

I can help you get up to speed Keith....just holla holla.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Will do, Vinny. If not tonight, then I'll connect with you somehow on Saturday.

Thanks
Old 04-23-2008, 11:54 AM
Pro Bowler

I've dabbled with some Photoshop and do some web development. I can't promise I'll be super responsive with all the life and side crap I have going on, but if you need some help, just give a holler and let me know what you need.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 PM
Pro Bowler

How about another Forum category called "Other Sports" for things like hockey, baseball, olympics, etc. - non-Houston related.

BTW, when the hell is Houston going to get an NHL team? I'm not sure how many Houstonians are watching the NHL playoffs, but they're fantastic this year. Much more offense than in the past. The Flyers and Capitals series was awesome. Love NHL playoff hockey!
Old 04-29-2008, 01:57 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popanot View Post
BTW, when the hell is Houston going to get an NHL team? I'm not sure how many Houstonians are watching the NHL playoffs, but they're fantastic this year. Much more offense than in the past. The Flyers and Capitals series was awesome. Love NHL playoff hockey!
The NHL playoffs are without question the best post-season tournament. There is nothing more exciting than overtime game 7 hockey.

Looks like there is two of us in town watching, maybe three if you include my fellow Islander fan in Charlie Palillo.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
The NHL playoffs are without question the best post-season tournament. There is nothing more exciting than overtime game 7 hockey.

Looks like there is two of us in town watching, maybe three if you include my fellow Islander fan in Charlie Palillo.

I couldn't ever get into Soccer even though I played most of life, until Houston got a team....and I'm nowhere near as obsessed with the Dynamo as I am with Texans, Astros, Rockets. I used to try and watch Hockey, but I just can't get into it. If Houston got a team I might start to care, but I doubt it. Someone said something the other day about the Stanley Cup playoffs...and I thought to myself that I didn't even know they had played the regular season.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear View Post
I couldn't ever get into Soccer even though I played most of life, until Houston got a team....and I'm nowhere near as obsessed with the Dynamo as I am with Texans, Astros, Rockets. I used to try and watch Hockey, but I just can't get into it. If Houston got a team I might start to care, but I doubt it. Someone said something the other day about the Stanley Cup playoffs...and I thought to myself that I didn't even know they had played the regular season.
I cannot get into soccer. I've been to a Dynamo game and I'd rather watch paint dry.

I always go to as many early season Astros games as possible while the roof is open, been to about 6 Rocket games this year, and a bunch of Aeros games. I am about to go into "be at home with the wife" mode for a few months, hang by the pool, take a vacation, then get ready for our yearly seperation called football season.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:08 PM
All-Pro

Here's a tip, Keith.

No photos of Demeco Ryans...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Administrator

Yeah, the lack of photos here has nothing to do with my lack of graphical skillz.

I was actually just thinking the other day of going one big step further, opening a more general discussion forum. I would just limit any and all conversations that started toward a religious or political bent.

I'm thinking the new forum might help us stay sane in the offseason.

Speaking of the Dynamo, now that this thread has totally derailed, I have become a huge soccer fan. I think Dynamo games are a blast, going again this Saturday in fact. I've also caught onto the EPL, Liverpool specifically.
Old 04-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post

Speaking of the Dynamo, now that this thread has totally derailed, I have become a huge soccer fan. I think Dynamo games are a blast, going again this Saturday in fact. I've also caught onto the EPL, Liverpool specifically.
I can't do the EPL....I just don't have a dog in that fight. Although I did call my buddy in the UK to cuss him out and blame him for Tony Caig after his first three games post-Onstad. After the loss to Saprissa I haven't been watching as muc, but I will.
Old 04-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Okay, so I broadened the purpose of the Houston sports forum to "Other Sports". Again, I might add another new general talk forum later this summer, we'll see.

I've also created a new site banner and refreshed the main part of the site. Take the link at the bottom to head back out. I'm very much a novice at this stuff, and I sorta lucked into what I have. I think it might work though.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 AM
All-Pro

I'm curious if the bull in your new logo was a closely-cropped longhorn...