IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft

Old 03-03-2018, 02:00 PM
All-Pro

Default Fanspeak 2018 Texans Pre-Combine Mocks

I am doing two mocks to begin with - one without trades and one trading for a second-rounder as I suspect we will do with one of our two 2019 second-rounders combined with one of our 2018 thirds.

CBS.com board 3/3 with no trades (board made on 2/28):

68: R3P4
G-C BILLY PRICE
OHIO ST.

80: R3P16
TE DALLAS GOEDERT
S. DAK. ST.

98: R3P34
OT GERON CHRISTIAN
LOUISVILLE

103: R4P3
CB MIKE HUGHES
UCF

177: R6P3
LB JOSEY JEWELL
IOWA

211: R6P37
DL ZAYCOVEN HENDERSON
TEXAS A&M

214: R6P40
S SEAN CHANDLER
TEMPLE

222: R7P4
QB LUKE FALK
WASH. STATE

Notes: With speculation that Fiedorowicz will retire due to concussions, a TE became a necessity. The rest of the early rounds were fresh bodies for the OL and help for the defense. Falk was simply too high a value not to take a chance on in the seventh round. If nothing else, the kid can air it out after playing in a Mike Leach offense with great success. To be honest, I am not keyed into late-round options yet so these were guys rated best at their positions when our turns came up.

The second go-round is with the Fanspeak draft board (made 2/27) and, before the draft, I've arranged a trade:

TRADE PARTNER:
NEW YORK JETS
SENT:
ROUND: 3 PICK: 4
ROUND: 6 PICK: 37
FUTURE ROUND 2 PICK

RECEIVED:
ROUND: 2 PICK: 17

Later, I converted my fourth round pick into two of them:

TRADE PARTNER:
GREEN BAY PACKERS
SENT:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 3

RECEIVED:
ROUND: 4 PICK: 14
ROUND: 4 PICK: 33

The results:

49: R2P17
G WILL HERNANDEZ
UTEP

80: R3P16
TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA

98: R3P34
OT GERON CHRISTIAN
LOUISVILLE

114: R4P14
S QUIN BLANDING
VIRGINIA

133: R4P33
RB KALEN BALLAGE
ARIZONA STATE

177: R6P3
LB DAVIN BELLAMY
GEORGIA

214: R6P40
EDGE JACOB PUGH
FLORIDA STATE

222: R7P4
P MICHAEL DICKSON
TEXAS

Notes: Hernandez has been spoken of as a low first-rounder. Andrews is a Jason Witten-type that gets deep. Ballage is an all-purpose back who has opened eyes at the combine. Dickson is a Ray Guy Award winner that can push Shane Lechler into a well-earned retirement.
Old 03-24-2018, 02:44 AM
Hall of Fame

Not bad. Of course, the Jets are now out of the 2nd round trading with the Colts..... Who knows what else will happen pre-draft..

Just a tough draft year for the Texans. If they don't make any moves it'll be kinda boring. If they do make some moves, they'll have to pay (obviously)......
Old 03-24-2018, 09:59 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Not bad. Of course, the Jets are now out of the 2nd round trading with the Colts..... Who knows what else will happen pre-draft..

Just a tough draft year for the Texans. If they don't make any moves it'll be kinda boring. If they do make some moves, they'll have to pay (obviously)......
Well new GM Gain is an unknown player in the NFL Draft so there's no history to know what his tendencies are, to expect him to be conservative or maybe go the other way and be very aggressive ?
The Texans may not have many high draft picks they could use in a trade to move up higher but they certainly have several very attractive players they could trade if they wanted to move higher in this Draft ? I don't expect the Texans to trade a key player but like I said we know nothing about how Gain
will run his first Draft.