IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Old 08-18-2016, 01:00 PM
Hall of Fame

Default 2016 Yahoo Pickem and Survivor groups

Time to sign up for the 2016 edition of the Inthebullseye Yahoo Pickem and Survival leagues.

Pickem league:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ster/joingroup

And enter: Group ID = 14199
Password = 3333

Some of you might get an email invite. Any problems, let me know. Simply pick the winner (no spread) of each game every week. This year's winner gets a $20 e-gift card to either Pizza Hut or Papa John's - your choice.

---------------------------------------

Survival league:

Every week just pick one sure-fire winner. It's a 3-strikes and you're out group, i.e. you can be wrong twice but the 3rd time, you're out. Sorry, no pizza card for the winner - just bragging rights....

To join, go here:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo....ster/joingroup

And enter: Group ID = 6242
Password = 3333 (yes, same password as above)

----------------------------------------

Bookmarks/Favorites:

Pickem: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/pickem

Survival: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/survival/

---------------------------------------

All entries welcome.
Old 08-20-2016, 09:17 AM
All-Pro

I hope everyone is registering for these two fun games. They are really setup well by yahoo.
Old 09-02-2016, 12:31 PM
Hall of Fame

Need more players - currently, about 5 in each group. Season starts in 6 days with Thursday Night Football. I think you can sign up after that in the pickem league but you'll be at a disadvantage.......

Just a reminder, it's a good idea to get the email notice every week from Yahoo to make your picks. Over the course of the season, it's very easy to forget to make your pick(s). If you want to receive the email notifications and didn't check it off during the sign-up process, you can edit that setting by clicking on your name --> My Picks and Groups tab --> and then find the "Edit my info" link. You can change your handle there, too, if you wish...
Old 09-02-2016, 11:40 PM
All-Pro

I'm in. Just took awhile to get to it.
Old 09-03-2016, 09:44 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
I'm in. Just took awhile to get to it.
Alright, Bob! The more the merrier...
Old 09-08-2016, 11:36 PM
Hall of Fame

And the TNF season opener fakes us all out in the pickem group....

Thought for sure Carolina (vs. Denver) would have revenge on their mind .... no cigar....
Old 09-09-2016, 10:19 AM
All-Pro

Just proves again that old saying "You never Gano..."

Honestly, I hated all the face time the refs got in the fourth quarter. Happy, of course, that my team won but that 4th quarter was like a Bataan death march to sit through.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:20 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Just proves again that old saying "You never Gano..."
Eheh, well he sure ga-shanked it... Agree that referee Sterratore (sp?) looked like he was quite enjoying himself...

Kubes might actually be a better head coach these days what with all the free training he received with the Texans... I am concerned that the same might happen with OB. Seems like a number of head coaches kinda suck at their first gig and go on to have very successful careers elsewhere....
Old 10-17-2016, 09:44 AM
All-Pro

Yesterday another 'any given Sunday' with lots of surprising results. Glad it's just entertainment.
Old 12-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Hall of Fame

Well done by WMH who went 15-1 in Pickem in Week 14. Very, very tough to do.....

ESPN has hundreds of thousands playing in their version of Pickem and in Week 14, there were 14 individuals who had a perfect 16-0. Many more had 15-1. Takes a bit of luck in the topsy-turvy NFL to go 14-2, 15-1, 16-0 so it's a good idea to keep pluggin' and make the best picks you can - you never know when the Pickem gods will bless you.....
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Well done by WMH who went 15-1 in Pickem in Week 14. Very, very tough to do.....

ESPN has hundreds of thousands playing in their version of Pickem and in Week 14, there were 14 individuals who had a perfect 16-0. Many more had 15-1. Takes a bit of luck in the topsy-turvy NFL to go 14-2, 15-1, 16-0 so it's a good idea to keep pluggin' and make the best picks you can - you never know when the Pickem gods will bless you.....
Pure luck. Been about 50/50 all year long.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:36 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
Pure luck. Been about 50/50 all year long.
Two wins this week on total contrarian picks. One loss on another total contrarian pick.

And, as usual, I'm looking up at the leaders and in order to have any chance at this I'm going to have to start making basically a full slate of contrarian picks myself. I probably will have started too late, to be honest.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:46 AM
Hall of Fame

One of the older truisms in picking football winners was to take the underdog in the last two weeks of the season. Teams that have already clinched are in rest-up mode and let's-just-stay-healthy mode and not inclined to give 100% effort. The books have gotten wise to this and have adjusted accordingly these days but it still holds true, just not as definitive as it used to be. There is a certain amount of easing up that is going to take place over the next 2 weeks. One has to be very selective when implementing this strategy as there will still be favorites that cover....

Some teams will still be fighting for the playoffs and need a win badly - this is not a good reason to pick a team. There's a saying that goes (paraphrasing), "if a team needs to win, then they must not be very good in the first place". In other words, if they were good, they would have already wrapped up a playoff spot. Happens every year - a team badly needs a win to advance to the playoffs and they inexplicably lose to a lesser team.......
Old 12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
All-Pro

Nice to see underdogs like Cleveland, Jacksonville, and San Francisco win for Christmas weekend.
Old 12-27-2016, 12:15 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
Nice to see underdogs like Cleveland, Jacksonville, and San Francisco win for Christmas weekend.
That was probably the NFLPA cashing in at Vegas.
Old 12-27-2016, 01:39 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
That was probably the NFLPA cashing in at Vegas.
Bobbarino, armchair union buster.

If I had enough disinfectant I might wander over your way to see what kind of abuse you necks are heaping on Cionel Perez.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:38 AM
Hall of Fame

Anyone else having trouble with their picks saving? Let me know....
Old 01-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Drafted Rookie

Arky, I just put my picks in for the pick'em leagues. Everything took okay.

O/T: Thanks for keeping up with all of the games again this year.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo'ball Fool View Post
Arky, I just put my picks in for the pick'em leagues. Everything took okay.

O/T: Thanks for keeping up with all of the games again this year.
Sure, no problem. I just set it (the groups) up in September and it pretty much takes care of itself after that. ESPN has something similar but as far as I can tell, they don't have post season play and you can't do the 3-strikes thing in Survivor. Both Pickem and Survivor have already ended at ESPN. So, reckon we'll stick with Yahoo unless someone hears of a better way....

I had a complaint of disappearing picks and was just wondering if it was happening to anyone else. Looking like you're going to win Pickem (well done) but I'm going to give it another weekend to confirm mathematically....
Old 01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Drafted Rookie

Thanks for setting up the Yahoo stuff, too, but I meant your weekly play-by-play. As for getting the most picks right, that's simply a case of a blind pig findin' an acorn. It feels good doing it with this group. IMHO, the group here, on the average, knows way more about football than they do at the other sights I visit.