IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Not Quite ...In the Bullseye > The Other Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2019, 07:22 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Yep. The Giants had some great players go through their farm system in the late 50s-early 60s. McCovey, Cepeda, Haller, Davenport, Pagan, the Alou brothers, Marischal, Gaylord Perry, Bolin, Linzy. I have a baseball sim game (Baseball Mogul) and I decided once to start as the 1958 Giants. It was easy to dominate with all those studs coming through the system. In retrospect, it's amazing those Giants never won a World Series with all that talent.
Goes to show you how loaded the Yankees where during the same time period. But I didn't know the old Giants were that loaded.

I lived in Seattle in the mid 90's, watched Griffey, ARod, Edger Martinez, Jay Bruner, Randy Johnson. IMO they dismantled that team to soon. Tacoma was a Mariners farm club. Nothing Special there at the time.

Fun thing was my territory was the State of Washington, and Oregon. Pacific Coast League cities, and low a ball. Yakima had a Dodger affiliate IIRC. It was funny watching all the small town girls trying to land the correct prospect for that meal ticket to the guaranteed money of the major league.