IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2016, 11:33 AM
All-Pro

Default QB guru

I would like to see the Texans hire a fulltime QB coach. I think that the HC and OC have enough responsibilities. Perhaps Chris Weinke, George Whitfield, Warren Moon, Seneca Wallace...a guy who can develop the QB and that is his sole function.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:18 AM
Hall of Fame

I think between Godsey and OB, they probably think they've got it covered..... Godsey is a former Georgia Tech QB and was officially the QB coach in 2014 promoted to OC this year....

Can they develop a draft pick? I'd say preliminary indications are good... they've been able to get some good results from the parade of "extras" that have graced the Texan QB position over the last two years.... They need a QB with above average talent to work with and so far, haven't shown much ability in locating one unless maybe a Savage, a Weeden or a draft pick can step up...
Old 02-03-2016, 06:26 AM
All-Pro

I have no doubt that the HC and OC believe that they have the situation well in hand. My point is simply that they should be concerned with the Big Picture. Defense and Special Teams also fall under the HC responsibilities. The OC also needs to supervise the OL, TE, WR, and RB groups. Having a QB coach who can develop and work on just the QB position allows more emphasis and attention to be paid in that facet of the team.