10 TE Eric Ebron North Carolina
11 OG Xavier Su'a-Filo UCLA
12 DE Kony Ealy Missouri
13 OLB Dee Ford Auburn
14 OT Joel Bitonio Nevada
15 QB Jimmy Garoppolo Eastern Illinois
Old 05-08-2014, 07:27 PM
All-Pro

We take Clowney and the Rams select my top Guy at #2. We shall see who was the better pick 5 years from now.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:30 AM
All-Pro

Not at all trying to be a smartass here Roy, but I'm still trying to figure out what your criteria is when it comes to selecting prospects who make it into your "My Guy" list ? I know it includes talent, but what else is involved ? For example, I can understand someone ranking Robinson & Mack ahead of Clowney, but you also rank both the O-State CB and Barr higher ?
Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not at all trying to be a smartass here Roy, but I'm still trying to figure out what your criteria is when it comes to selecting prospects who make it into your "My Guy" list ? I know it includes talent, but what else is involved ? For example, I can understand someone ranking Robinson & Mack ahead of Clowney, but you also rank both the O-State CB and Barr higher ?
It's a matter of my 'prototypes' of athleticism (height/weight/speed ratios) at any given position, a personal like/dislike of when I hear the kid speaking during a T.V. interview, games that I've personally watched in an entirety (not just highlight cut-ups), team need/fit for our system, and my gut instinct.

Justin Gilbert's game translates well at the next level, he has the ability to shut-down a true #1 WR, make interceptions instead of just knocking down the pass, and then scoring after the interception as well as a weapon on Special Teams. He's the closest thing to a Playmaker at his position in this draft.

Barr played against higher competion than Mack, has the same 'measurables' they could be athletic twins, and he's only been playing the game for 2 years having played RB before. I see his upside as being higher than Mack (who played well on Tape vs. Ohio St). Having ONE great game against Mewhort (a player I'm not very impressed with to begin with) made me give Barr the nod over Mack.

Lastly, I don't like Clowney as a fit for Romeo's defense. He's a RDE in a 4-3. So, we are trying to put a square peg in a round hole just because everyone is saying how wonderful the square peg is. I am not enamored with his 3-sack season in which the gist was he didn't want to risk getting hurt? I basically ranked Clowney where I did because I'd rather have the players ahead of him, but didn't want to appear as if I was completely against him.