IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 10-08-2017, 10:55 PM
Hall of Fame

The ensuing kickoff is a touchback. Texans ball at their 25.

-----------------------------------------

Pass to Hop off the mark, inc.

Flat pass to Hop gets about 10 or 11.

Pass to Anderson goes for 21.

Spike with 32 seconds left.

Watson throws a jump ball that goes to the 1 yard line to Anderson.

Spike with 5 seconds left.

Pass to Hop in the endzone goes for the TD. Going for 2.

Watson keeps for the 2 pts.

Time runs out.

Final score:

Chiefs 42, Texans 34
Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Is Vrabel to blame for the big decline in defense? Is it scheme or declining talent? Has losing Wilfork, Bouye, and Cushing been that much?

Tough questions, but something isn't right. Dylan Cole has been a find, Cunningham is promising, McKinney is a stud when playing to his assets. Obvi, losing Mercilus for the year will be tough to overcome, but there is still a solid core here. I'm of a mind that Vrabel needs to figure this out.

Sucks to lose Watt again, but he was not the same this season. He seemed gassed more frequently and just didn't seem as strong. And now this injury... could be career-threatening? Depressing.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:34 AM
All-Pro

The way I see it, this team wasn't really going anywhere anyway. For whatever reason the FO didn't take this year seriously. (Perhaps they wanted BOB to fail so they could get rid of him without too much scandal.) They did dick to improve the OL, they let their best corner walk when they had more than enough money to franchise him (or of course sign him long term). I don't know if they were really waiting for Romo or not. If they were, in some ways that seems even more stupid than if they weren't.

I'd already come around to the sad truth that JJ was never going to be anywhere near the same player that he was when he was the best football player on the planet and I was OK with that. The defense played at championship level last year, but as we know, this isn't the same defense, and it will also be without Mercilus.

It's impossible to say how good this team is relative to the other teams in the conference. The other potentially competitive teams are such Jekyll and Hydes that I really can't get a decent handle on who is likely to be good in December beyond the team we just played. So who knows, maybe there's another 9-7 in there somewhere for the Texans and another sneak into the playoffs. I hope so, because it sure is tough for a rookie to learn on the fly in the playoffs, as the Cowboys and their rookie quarterback demonstrated last year.

So for once in my life I'm just going to throw expectations out the window, throw my hatred for the owner out the window, throw my contempt for his Eddie Haskell GM out the window, and just enjoy watching the magic that is Deshaun Watson on the football field. The Texans lose every remaining game 50-48? IDGAF. I'm just going to watch Deshaun do what he does until the inevitable moment comes when some fking castoff that the team has starting on the OL gets him sent to the ER. Then I'll probably go back to being the friendly, neighborhood poster you all know and love.

By the way, nunu, the bet's off.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:22 AM
Hall of Fame

Early line has the Texans as 12 pt favorites over the Browns next week. I suppose that is probably right.... Perhaps they'll take some of their recent frustrations out on the Browns...

-----------------------------------------------

The smart Andy Reid (I hate complimenting that fat bastard) and the experienced Alex Smith really made the defense look bad. The defense is in trouble and hopefully can do a good enough job to take care of business with the Browns before they limp into the bye. They need the regroup time...

I like what I've seen so far from Gilchrist so far, don't like what I've seen from Banks. Cole and Cunningham have to grow up fast. Drummond was demoted recently and then re-signed to the practice squad. Some guy named Ben Heeney (ILB) was acquired from the Saints.

KC proved to be a strong team and deep.....weapons galore. With the growing experience of Watson and the more familiar he becomes with the offense and his personnel, I think the offense is going to be OK. But that defense, they worry me... If a possible rematch with KC happens this year, the defense needs a reload to be competitive....

---------------------------------------------

The updates to the Watt injury will probably come out in the next few days, but I'm hearing that tibia fractures come in different varieties. Small break, large break and then there's a break with ligament damage. There's a chance he's got a small break and could possibly be back by the end of the year...
Old 10-09-2017, 08:48 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post

By the way, nunu, the bet's off.
The Chuckster says no SB for the Texans this year, ah no say it ain't so.
Watt & Mercilus both out for the year, that seriously sucks and really is a giant blow, make that a double blow to the defense.
Everybody in the division is 2-3 after the Jags who are 3-2. Hey and I'll tell you the Jags are no joke this year. With the Texans playing last night they and Pittsburg were in the local AFC TV game and that defense is for real as they
forced Big Ben to do his best Blake Bortles impersonation and throw 5 pics. And for the Jags Bortles didn't throw a single pick.
Watson does make it entertaining and interesting for us Texans fans. The rookie is a magician out there and with Fuller back we've for sure got a vertical feature to the passing game now.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:56 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The Chuckster says no SB for the Texans this year, ah no say it ain't so.
Watt & Mercilus both out for the year, that seriously sucks and really is a giant blow, make that a double blow to the defense.
Everybody in the division is 2-3 after the Jags who are 3-2. Hey and I'll tell you the Jags are no joke this year. With the Texans playing last night they and Pittsburg were in the local AFC TV game and that defense is for real as they
forced Big Ben to do his best Blake Bortles impersonation and throw 5 pics. And for the Jags Bortles didn't throw a single pick.
Watson does make it entertaining and interesting for us Texans fans. The rookie is a magician out there and with Fuller back we've for sure got a vertical feature to the passing game now.
The Jags really did look good. If they have a lead they are very tough. If they are behind they are cooked. They are like the 2014-2016 Texans with a little worse defense.
Old 10-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Hall of Fame

This week's roster changes:

Quote:
10/10/2017 The Houston Texans claimed the following player off waivers from the New York Jets: CB Marcus Williams

10/10/2017 The Houston Texans released the following two players from the active roster: CB Johnthan Banks and T Jah Reid