IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Texans

Old 12-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Hall of Fame

Default Official Texans @ Jaguars Game Thread, 12/17/2017

The 4-9 Houston Texans travel to Jacksonville this Sunday to play the division leading 9-4 Jaguars in an early game this Sunday. The Texans are coming off a 26-16 home loss to the San Francisco 49ers and the Jags are coming off a 30-24 home win over the Seattle Seahawks. The Jags are 6-1 in their last seven games.

If the Texans can keep the turnovers, penalties and injuries down, they can possibly make it a close game.

Note: Two Saturday games on NFLN this weekend.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

TV = FOX (channel 26 local), noon CST Sunday, December 17, 2017

Announcers = Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston

The line = Jags by 11½ to 13

Saturday viewing:

NFLN (late) = Chicago @ Detroit, 3:30 CT, Mike Tirico, Kurt Warner

NFLN (night) = LA Chargers @ Kansas City 7:25 CT, Greg Gumbel, Trent Green

Other Sunday viewing in the Houston area:

CBS (early) = NY Jets @ New Orleans, Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon

CBS (late) = New England @ Pittsburgh, Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Prime time:

TNF = Denver @ Indianapolis (NBC/NFLN)

SNF = Dallas @ Oakland (NBC)

MNF = Atlanta @ Tampa Bay (ESPN)
Old 12-14-2017, 02:55 PM
Hall of Fame

TJ Yates to start vs. Jags

Quote:
With Savage out for Sunday, the Texan will likely elevate Taylor Heinicke to the active roster as a backup quarterback. Heinicke, a third-year quarterback out of Old Dominion, spent time on the Vikings active roster before being released Sept. 11 and also three weeks on the Patriots practice squad this year.

“I like a lot of things about him,” O’Brien said. “I think he’s smart. I think he’s an accurate passer. I think he makes good decisions, so far in practice. I think he’s picked up our system pretty well so far. I think he’s mobile. He can make plays on his own. So, there’s a lot of things I like.”
Old 12-16-2017, 07:28 PM
All-Pro

So I'm getting pretty excited about this game tomorrow, even tossed down an extra IPA to put myself into the proper game mood.
So you know the Chuckster is cranked about tomorows big game vs the Jags since he's probably already out there celebrating the baby Jesus so I expect him to be cranked and oiled up for the Jags game.
What kind of chances do the Texans have ? Not to be immodest here but a few weeks ago I called it on our game vs the Cards but I'm not gonna lie here - winning this weekend is a long-shot but I'm giving the Texans a punchers chance.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:47 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
So I'm getting pretty excited about this game tomorrow, even tossed down an extra IPA to put myself into the proper game mood.
So you know the Chuckster is cranked about tomorows big game vs the Jags since he's probably already out there celebrating the baby Jesus so I expect him to be cranked and oiled up for the Jags game.
What kind of chances do the Texans have ? Not to be immodest here but a few weeks ago I called it on our game vs the Cards but I'm not gonna lie here - winning this weekend is a long-shot but I'm giving the Texans a punchers chance.
So tickled to be in your thoughts, nunu. My MIL is in town and one of the benefits of that situation is the ability to go out with my wife, which I am now preparing to do. Actually, she is the one preparing. I am prepared. I do believe I will have an IPA also. There's a brewpub right around the corner called la Rana Dorada (golden frog) that brews and serves a perfectly fine IPA. There is a local brewery called Casa Bruja that brews an IPA called Chivoperro that I don't especially love, but they make a pale ale called Chitra which may very well be my favorite beer on the planet. They also make a Gose style beer called Frambuesa that is sour and salty that is surprisingly good. I don't know where to find Chitra on tap outside of the Casa Bruja brewery bar.

I have said this before, but Jacksonville is an excellent place to see a game. There are usually plenty of Texans fans on hand, and since the stadium was renovated it is a perfectly nice place to visit. If you stay downtown, and I have no idea where else you'd stay, you can walk to the stadium. And there's more going on in downtown than you might imagine. It surprises me how good a time I always have there. If you guys are looking into a future road trip, you could do worse, especially if they're playing in December and not September.

Our guys are going to get their asses kicked tomorrow, but who cares?
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
So tickled to be in your thoughts, nunu. My MIL is in town and one of the benefits of that situation is the ability to go out with my wife, which I am now preparing to do. Actually, she is the one preparing. I am prepared. I do believe I will have an IPA also. There's a brewpub right around the corner called la Rana Dorada (golden frog) that brews and serves a perfectly fine IPA. There is a local brewery called Casa Bruja that brews an IPA called Chivoperro that I don't especially love, but they make a pale ale called Chitra which may very well be my favorite beer on the planet. They also make a Gose style beer called Frambuesa that is sour and salty that is surprisingly good. I don't know where to find Chitra on tap outside of the Casa Bruja brewery bar.

I have said this before, but Jacksonville is an excellent place to see a game. There are usually plenty of Texans fans on hand, and since the stadium was renovated it is a perfectly nice place to visit. If you stay downtown, and I have no idea where else you'd stay, you can walk to the stadium. And there's more going on in downtown than you might imagine. It surprises me how good a time I always have there. If you guys are looking into a future road trip, you could do worse, especially if they're playing in December and not September.

Our guys are going to get their asses kicked tomorrow, but who cares?
You've traveled to Texans' road games ? You are more of a Texans' fan than I imagined.
I haven't even been to a game here in town for years. Why bother when the seats are free for everyone including friends and family at home. No hassle in driving to the game or returning to home after its' over.
Plenty of beverages and snacks just feet away from the comfy chair in the
living/family room in the nearby fridge.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Hall of Fame

Jags win the toss and defer. Texans to receive.

The opening kickoff is a touchback. Texan's ball at their 25.

-------------------------------------------------------

Yates throws inc. to the flat. 2nd and 10 coming up.

L Miller for 1.

On 3rd and 9, flags presnap. False start on Hop, -5.

Checkdown to Prosch only gets a few but a flag is down... personal foul on the Texans is declined. Texans to punt.

Punt is brought back to about the Jag 28 but holding on the Jags backs it up. Ball placed at the Jag 19. Jag's ball.

13:36 left in the 1st qtr.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:37 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
You've traveled to Texans' road games ? You are more of a Texans' fan than I imagined.
I've traveled to preseason road games, dude. I don't think I've made any secret of this. And I was an original season ticket holder.

My ardor has cooled somewhat over time.