IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The Other 31 Teams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-22-2016, 10:02 PM
Nconroe Nconroe is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lake Conroe
Posts: 2,896
Default Texans one of four teams to never play in SB in 50 years.

I heard talk on NFL network there are thirteen teams that have never won the SB in fifty years since AFC and NFC combined to NFL.

The four teams that haven't even been to a Superbowl yet are Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, and Cleveland Browns.

There are two teams that have been to SB four times, but never won, Minnesota and Buffalo.

The seven other teams to make thirteen which haven't won SB are Titans, San Diego, Philadelphia, Carolina, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Arizona.

Quite a list.

Last edited by Nconroe; 06-23-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2016, 02:16 PM
chuck chuck is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
The four teams that haven't even been to a Superbowl yet are Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, and Cleveland Browns.
It's not so much that the other three teams haven't been to a Super Bowl, it's that they are widely considered to be three of the absolute worst organizations in North American major professional sports.

I wonder if McNair's thoughts ever drift off in this direction as Rick is giving him a relaxing neckrub.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-26-2016, 02:47 PM
painekiller painekiller is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Near the Galleria
Posts: 2,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
I heard talk on NFL network there are thirteen teams that have never won the SB in fifty years since AFC and NFC combined to NFL.

The four teams that haven't even been to a Superbowl yet are Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, Detroit Lions, and Cleveland Browns.

There are two teams that have been to SB four times, but never won, Minnesota and Buffalo.

The seven other teams to make thirteen which haven't won SB are Titans, San Diego, Philadelphia, Carolina, Cincinnati, Atlanta, and Arizona.

Quite a list.
The Texans only came into being in 2002, the Browns started in 1999, screw the fact that they got to steal the Ravens history, the Jags started in 1995. They are nowhere near fifty years old. Only the Lions have a fifty year + history.

I consider the more recent teams to have an asterisk next to their names. The Lions were bought by the Ford family in 1963, and they have won only 1 playoff games since then. That is a failure IMO.

I don't put the Texans in the same breath as the lowly Lions, the only team in league history to go a season with 16 loses.
__________________
There is no failure, only feedback.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2016, 01:50 PM
chuck chuck is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,510
Default

Houston Texans: Better Than the Lions!

Put that awn a hat you gon MAKE you sum munnee!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2016, 07:25 PM
Nconroe Nconroe is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lake Conroe
Posts: 2,896
Default

It seems finding a top QB has been difficult for many teams.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2016, 07:35 PM
chuck chuck is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nconroe View Post
It seems finding a top QB has been difficult for many teams.
The Lions have had a decent enough quarterback for a while now. Their ownership is clueless and when you have a mope like Matt Millen spend the better part of a decade running your organization into the ground with breathtaking stupidity, well, we all see the results. Such as one of the greatest players at his position in history deciding to call it quits in the middle of his career.

Of course that's happened twice to the Lions just in the past 15 years or so. Truly great players would literally rather not play at all than play for the Lions.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-28-2016, 09:19 AM
barrett barrett is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
The Lions have had a decent enough quarterback for a while now. Their ownership is clueless and when you have a mope like Matt Millen spend the better part of a decade running your organization into the ground with breathtaking stupidity, well, we all see the results. Such as one of the greatest players at his position in history deciding to call it quits in the middle of his career.

Of course that's happened twice to the Lions just in the past 15 years or so. Truly great players would literally rather not play at all than play for the Lions.
Plus they have had a cardboard cutout of Jim Caldwell on the sideline as HC the last 2 years. That guy makes Kubiak look fiery and passionate.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-28-2016, 11:50 AM
HPF Bob HPF Bob is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 3,563
Default

If you want to be fair, the Jets and the Chiefs have not been to a Super Bowl since the NFL-AFL merger, a fact their fans never tire of hearing about.

Plus, the only time the Oiler franchise reached the Super Bowl was as the Titans after they moved away so Houston, the sports city is oh-for-44 in reaching the Super Bowl.

Hey, Buddy Ryan just died. Imagine who he's probably punching right now.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-28-2016, 02:52 PM
chuck chuck is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Hey, Buddy Ryan just died. Imagine who he's probably punching right now.
What gets lost in people's joking about that incident is that Buddy was of course 100% right.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 PM
Nconroe Nconroe is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Lake Conroe
Posts: 2,896
Default

RIP Buddy Ryan. Certainly one of the memorable football characters and defensive innovator.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-15-2016, 11:31 AM
nunusguy nunusguy is offline
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,228
Default

Texans came into existence in 2002, right ? So 14 and not 50 years is the time interval that's relevant for the Texans being compared to other teams
on this stat.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.