IntheBullseye.com  

Go Back   IntheBullseye.com > Hot Reads ...In the Bullseye > The NFL Draft
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2008, 02:07 PM
Regular Starter

anyone have thoughts on the texans going rb again in the 6th if thomas brown (uga) is still on the board? i like that kid.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
All-Pro

I am joining a little late. I will stay with todays moves so far.

I like the Molden pick. I might have been tempted to go Zuttah, but I believe we have the OL pieces in place and this would not be a big value.

Yes Slaton give you homerun ability, but he has to be able to get on the field. With Kubiak that means be a complete back. He will be asked top block and I have my doubts about him doing that. Also I forget the last time Kubiak used a 3rd down back, maybe that is because he does not use one. Unless Slaton become a KR, I do not see him helping much.

Adibi, a value pick, he was projected to be a 2nd rounder after the season. I liked the the kid from Kentucky as this kind of player better. And I would have been all over Choice, oh wait, be took Slaton already.

5th round, Okam? Did I just listen to an interview on the radio with Coach Franklin?

In that interview he talks about the team is not looking for an anchor, they are looking for a sideline to sideline guy. So what is this pick? I would have been all over Ruebens, but he is still undrafted so what do I know. Maybe KUbiak and company can motivate Okam to become the player he was early in his college career.

BTW I have been impressed with the Titans draft so far.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:18 PM
All-Pro

Our other bonus pick from the trade down is about 15-20 minutes away.

And, yes, I'd love a sleeper RB although I'm guessing WR depth or a big ugly for this pick.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:19 PM
All-Pro

Maybe a DE?
Old 04-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
Our other bonus pick from the trade down is about 15-20 minutes away.

And, yes, I'd love a sleeper RB although I'm guessing WR depth or a big ugly for this pick.
same here on the rb, obviously. as for wr depth, i would be happy if they went through the entire draft without taking a wr. we have 4 that i feel comfortable with. AJ getting injured last season may end up being a long term blessing given that it allowed some of our others to get some solid experience.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:25 PM
All-Pro

Thomas Brown just went to the Falcons.

We're on the clock...
Old 04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
All-Pro

Dominique Barber, S, Minnesota.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:32 PM
All-Pro

The skinny: Marion Barber III's brother. Good athlete who doesn't translate into a good playmaker. Not the hitter to be a SS but good in coverage and occasional blitzer. Special teams prospect. Has blocked kicks.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:39 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
The skinny: Marion Barber III's brother. Good athlete who doesn't translate into a good playmaker. Not the hitter to be a SS but good in coverage and occasional blitzer. Special teams prospect. Has blocked kicks.
Has a motivational issue. He has the talent but has not been consistent with his play.

I am seeing a pattern here that is concerning, we are drafting some guys that have to be pushed to be the better than they are. I hope we do not get to much deeper into that pattern. I would would rather have a high instinct, high motor guy then a guy with all the tools and no drive.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
Has a motivational issue. He has the talent but has not been consistent with his play.

I am seeing a pattern here that is concerning, we are drafting some guys that have to be pushed to be the better than they are. I hope we do not get to much deeper into that pattern. I would would rather have a high instinct, high motor guy then a guy with all the tools and no drive.
Found this line on the espn bio
Quote:
Barber also blocked three kicks during his Gophers career.
Special Teams stand out.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Re: the pattern... I think it smacks more of the GM making the picks moreso than the head coach.

That said... Kubiak has drafted a kid he has had some personal connection with late in the draft in each of the last two years (David Anderson, Kasey Studdard). Either Kubiak is somehow tied to the Barber family (Dominique's dad was a Jet), or this last pick will be the one.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular Starter

also, anyone picked in the 6th or 7th rounds will have issues that are concerns. if they didnt they wouldnt be last until the 6th or 7th rounds.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:49 PM
All-Pro

I'm thinking the next pick will be the "Bronco connection" guy.

Ali Highsmith and Chauncey Washington are still on the board. That's a little surprising.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Drafted Rookie

Cmon, we need a punter!
Old 04-27-2008, 03:12 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post

So given the choice between a Chris Long and a Mario williams, you'd take
Long ? Just wondering ?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:31 PM
All-Pro

Andre Woodson goes to the Giants. Think J-Lo (Jared Lorenzen, another UK alum) is worried?
Old 04-27-2008, 03:34 PM
On the Sidelines

Send a message via AIM to 281

my day 2 thoughts-

antwuan molden - i've heard about this guy for quite some time, and i like what he brings to the table physically. as much as i wanted mike jenkins, i'm fine with molden. sounds like a good kid... he's had a rough past, so i'm sure he can handle what comes his way.

steve slaton - absolutely perfect complimentary back in the zbs. sure, he's extremely undersized, but our regime won't put him under the same workload that ended domanick davis' career. he's easily the fastest back we've ever had, and he has decent hands... this guy is going to be KILLER on screens. i LOVE this pick.

xavier adibi - this guy was a beast for the hokies. he's not exactly fluid, but he's very intense and could very well be starting alongside demeco a year or two from now. this pick fills a desperate need at linebacker, also.

frank okam - this guy has a world of potential; it's up to franklin to get it out of him. i'm sure he's gonna be in the rotation as a rookie to take the load off of tj, and he has the potential to take his job in a year or two, also. his size and run stopping abilities are what we need next to amobi.

dominique barber - honestly, i can't say much about this pick because i haven't seen a lick out of him. hopefully he's somewhere near as intense as his brother. he's most likely going to be a special teamer down the line, and strictly for depth.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Andre Woodson goes to the Giants. Think J-Lo (Jared Lorenzen, another UK alum) is worried?
All I know is that David Carr should be at least.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:39 PM
On the Sidelines

Send a message via AIM to 281

Quote:
hopefully he ends up putting carr out of a job, but i doubt it. he reeks of a practice squad project.
Old 04-27-2008, 03:44 PM
On the Sidelines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
hopefully he ends up putting carr out of a job, but i doubt it. he reeks of a practice squad project.
While Carr just plain reeks.