View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 09:49 PM
All-Pro

I have a little electronic alarm clock I brought down with me. Every time I set the time, the power would go out within 24 hours. Since I stopped setting the clock, the power has stayed on. My landlord provided me with this cute little solar-powered lantern to use during outages. It even comes with a USB port in case your phone needs a recharge. Every time I set it outside to recharge in the sun, clouds and rain would quickly appear.

So your kid is okay with not swimming if he visits the beach but he's not okay with not getting on an airplane if he visits the airport. LOL...Children! Many years ago, my cousin's daughter Allison steadfastly refused to get into the elevator that takes you up to the observation deck inside the St. Louis Arch. She screamed bloody murder as she was dragged inch-by-inch into the waiting elevator. After her crying fit, the 5-year-old decided she liked the observation deck so when the rest of us had seen everything we wanted, we told her it was time to go back down. "Do we *have* to?", she demanded. I reminded her she didn't want to go up to begin with.