View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 04:58 PM
All-Pro

Yesterday was terrible. I'd fire O'Brien if I was in charge and had any real intention of winning a super bowl. I'd fire GM O'Brien even if I didn't want to win the super bowl.

But honestly there are about 5 good NFL coaches, a dozen guys who are net neutrals, and 15 idiots. We landed in the top 8 of the NFL with the worst GM in the league and one of the dozen mediocre coaches.

That's how good Watson is. Normally I'd hesitate to fire a mediocre coach when your replacement is likely to be worse. But I have to figure any great coach would want to coach Deshaun Watson. That means guys who normally wouldn't take our calls would line up for the job. You only have to get like 2 or 3 things right as a coach and you win the title with Watson.

Throw $15 million a year at Tony Dungy to be the HC and to hire the GM, and then give him like double what everyone else spends to spend on staff. Everyone wants the next young mind as their HC, but half of those guys screw up the organizational stuff. Let Dungy play a HC role and hire the young mind and give him a large OC salary and offensive autonomy. It's not like you can screw up a Deshaun Watson offense. Then let Dungy cobble together a defense made of veterans and high level defensive coaches.

Last edited by barrett; 01-13-2020 at 05:12 PM.