Thread: Kaepernick
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 02:58 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
With Kaep suing the league, I would doubt he will play again. Which one of those old grouchy billionaires would want to sign a backup distraction that is suing his bread and butter?

The illusion of Kaep is much more enticing than the actual player. The media keeps beating the drum as it is click bait. Kaep likely doesn't want to play, as he would likely fail, and all the hype is flushed down the toilet, as is his "movement."

I would much rather see them overpay to bring Tyrod in as a backup next season.
Jerry Jones is suing the league. The league is dying a slow death by a thousand cuts (or blows to the head if you prefer). Kaep is small time on the list of concerns for the NFL. They removed him from the league and it did nothing to stem the tide of protests or the response to those protests.

As for whether Kaep on this team makes sense, nothing you said addresses that. Obviously I'd rather have Tyrod Taylor as a backup in 9 months. I didn't see a single person anywhere suggest employing Kaep in 2018. Kaep to the Texans is simply a question of whether you'd rather see Savage, Weeden, Yates, or Kaepernick lead Hopkins into vicious hits while running around in a disintegrating pocket.