Thread: My Guys 2018
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 07:06 PM
All-Pro

Sitting here formulating a game plan watching Senior Bowl practices as to what I might do for the Colts as I am massaging my draft board attempting to get a feel for who might be available when... of course this is all subject to change as we get numbers from the Combine. But as it stands right now with high picks in all 7 rounds, this is the type of plan I would implement.

#3 DE Bradley Chubb - I really hope he is there at #3. I could potentially move down to #5 or #6 so that the Broncos or Jets could move up for a QB and garner an extra 2nd round pick.

2nd Round - I need to address my OL. I am liking what I see from Isaiah Wynn, Tyrell Crosby, and Brian O'neil. I'm not sure that I can wait for one of these guys to fall to the top of the 3rd round.

3rd Round - My target is a big CB that may not run a sub 4.5 but has Press-Man skills and Ball skills. I would love to get Isaiah Oliver from Colorado. I could also target Kevin Toliver, Duke Dawson, Quenton Meeks, or Kameron Kelly.

3rd Round option - If I had gained an extra 3rd round pick by trading down earlier I might attempt to find another OLB. This is where BPA really comes into play. The 4 candidates I am looking at are Okoronkwo, Dorance Armstrong, Tyquan Lewis, or possiblie Kylie Fitts later on in the draft.

4th Round - I am going to be looking for another OL who could potentially start later in the season as he gets up to speed and coached up. Sort of how the Texans used Davenport last year. I'm willing to take some lumps if there is upside. I like the kid from NC A&T Brandon Parker, but he might not be available in the 4th. So, I'm looking for Kolton Miller, Joseph Noteboom, Cole Madison, or even Alex Cappa.

5th Round - Searching for a big back to replace Gore. The RB hungry teams have probably selected the best ones early, so I'm going to take the scraps left over. Perhaps a Royce Freeman or Bo Scarbrough.

6th Round - I am not in love with the WR class, but I will take a flyer. Love watching DaeSean Hamilton this week, and that may make him unavailable come draft day. My other targets are Javon Wims and TreQuan Smith.

7th Round - Looking for an ILB that can tackle. Candidates include Tegray Scales, Darius Leonard, Jason Cabinda, Jack Cichy, Chris Worley, Davin Bellamy, Garret Dooley, Ulysses Gilbert.