View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
Why the hell was this game on Fox, by the way?
I think it has something to do with the flex-scheduling that happens this time of year. From wiki:

Quote:
Beginning in 2014, the NFL will also be able to "cross-flex" games between Fox and CBS, enabling CBS to televise NFC away games (including NFC vs. NFC contests), and Fox to broadcast AFC away games (including AFC vs. AFC contests).[32][33] The league can also "cross-flex" some of these games before the start of the season. For example, in 2014, the Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons game in Week 17, originally a 1 PM Fox game, was cross-flexed to 4:25 PM on CBS. Despite the two teams' losing records, they were playing a game where the winner would become the NFC South champion and host a first-round playoff game. As Fox already had crucial NFC North games with playoff implications, and CBS did not have any games with such assigned to 4:25 PM (games with AFC playoff implications had been assigned to 1 PM), the NFL reassigned the game to CBS at 4:25 PM to give affiliates a game with playoff implications at the time.
Clears it right up, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Not since the earliest days of the franchise back when David Carr was under center can I remember games as tough to watch as this one for Texans fans.
I don't normally get too perturbed when the Texans lose but this was pretty dang perturbing....