View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 11:49 AM
All-Pro

I was out at the training camp again today. This is my last practice. Talk about a big crowd, not sure of the numbers, but this looked to be the largest crowd yet.

There was a Holiday sighting today. Trindon had two huge kick returns. He has not flashed during team drills but he has been open with the QB not getting him the ball.

A note about all the pass catchers, way to many drops. Normally sure handed guys are dropping balls in their hands. Also Jean is an arm catcher on way to many balls, he does not use his hands enough. Had some issues because of the way he catches.

That said Jean was open on two deep balls today. One was over thrown, and the other Jean made a nice adjustment on to get in front of the two guys covering him to catch the ball and then trot into the end zone.

Posey had a drop on a deep ball today, and he also made a diving catch in the two minute drill that he appeared to hurt himself on. They stopped practice for a minute Kubiak came over, but long story short, it looked like he had just landed funny and had the breath knocked out him.

Yates looked to be throwing fastballs on every pass today and many of the underneath guys had trouble holding on to the throws. Not sure if that was due to the coaches wanting to see the receivers handle heat or not.

I am even more impressed with Grimes after watching him all week. Keep your eyes on him against the Panthers. He should be a PS guy.

For the 2nd practice in a row, Brandon Harris made me notice him. He is having a very good camp. Not push for a starter good, but I am ok with him if some one gets hurt good.

General impressions, our defensive back field is good, in 7 on 7 they dominated, both the ones and the twos were shutting out the WRs. . So that shows depth to me. Kubiak will complain about the WR not being open, like he should, but our DBs are good.

Sorry I did not watch the linemen in one on ones today, I had to good of a seat and their were to many people to try and move about.

Noticed the team rotating a lot of guys in with the ones today. Looking at a lot of combos.

Again this team is loaded.