View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 01:33 AM
All-Pro

That's actually a four-round draft and some of my observations are:

1) I don't think Watson falls as far as #23 nor do I think the Giants take him. Portraying Eli Manning as a liability doesn't ring true to me.

2) The author says no way the Texans go into next season with only Osweiler and Savage. Thus, the draft for Mahomes. So, you're telling me that taking a spread offense qb and putting him ahead of those two makes any sense? FWIW, Brandon Weeden is still around and he's not a bad fit for this offense, witness defeating Indy in 2016.

3) I wish the Texans would have Seattle's draft picking one spot behind us. In the first round, they take S/LB Jabril Peppers whom Romeo would create some fine mismatch situations to exploit. In round two, the Seabirds grab an offensive tackle and then a d-line tweener in Round 3.

4) After Mahomes, the mock Texans take TE Gerald Everett from South Alabama. If you've never heard of him. it may because South Alabama, to my knowledge, has never had a player drafted in the nFL.

An OT from Texas A&M falls to us in the third and and a DL from Notre Dame fell to us in the fourth. Might I remind people how much playing time the Texans have received from the the two high draft choices they have spent recently on Notre Dame linemen. Sure, Rick, just keep going down that well...

I noticed the comp picks are not added in and Denver is expected to get two third-rounders in part because some idiot signed one of their quarterbacks last spring for $72 million.