Thread: My Guys 2016
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 05:21 PM
All-Pro

The whole league missed out on Dak Prescott for a couple of reasons. I would have to believe that the DUI he got right before the draft didn't do him any favors. Then, there was the Tim Tebow bias against him since he was running the same show with Tebow's ex-offensive coordinator. Teams didn't feel like the college success would translate into the NFL. Still I was surprised to see that the Patriots selected Jacoby Brissett before Prescott in the draft. I had Brissett as a plan B if Prescott went early in the draft. All I knew was that Dak improved every year with his paasing, and turned around the Mississippi State program and had them ranked. Every time I saw him play he exuded confidence and leadership. Not the fake motivation, but actual passion and his teammates followed him. I knew he was a project, but I loved his demeanor and work ethic to bet on his continued success.