View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Regular Starter

I think some of the criticism of KJ is on point. He doesn't get enough(if any) jam on his receivers at the line, his hips aren't the most fluid, and most of all, his recovery speed leaves something to be desired. That said, he's far from our only problem on defense. McCain is getting burned, IMO, just as much as KJ, maybe more. Eugene Wilson was back out there after the second quater, and I thought after S. McMannis got that int, he'd get more PT. He didn't.

Also, our def line is HORRIBLE with the exception of Mario. Our DT's have been underachieving all season, no pressure up through the middle and little success stopping the run. If it wasn't for D.Ryan and Cush now, we'd be gutted on every play. When D.Ryan was hoping we'd draft a DT, I don't think Earl Mitchell was what he had in mind.

On the subject of Earl Mitchell, I really like this kid, but think Kube's could be using him in a much more effective role. He's got great strength and launches off the line every snap. That paired with his high motor has me thinking he might be better suited as our replacement for Connor Barwin THIS season. I think Antonio actually plays better inside at this point of his career, and since he and Earl are basically the same size, I like Earl's youth and hustle on the outside more. I just can't help thinking if Earl get's such good penetration on the inside, imagine him lined up on the outside, one on one. I think Kube's should split their PT at both positions.

The more pressure we can put on QB's up front, the better our secondary is gonna look. I liked the blitzes Bush ran in the second half, but by the time he started blitzing, the game was almost out of reach.