View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 01:34 AM
All-Pro

The way I see it, this team wasn't really going anywhere anyway. For whatever reason the FO didn't take this year seriously. (Perhaps they wanted BOB to fail so they could get rid of him without too much scandal.) They did dick to improve the OL, they let their best corner walk when they had more than enough money to franchise him (or of course sign him long term). I don't know if they were really waiting for Romo or not. If they were, in some ways that seems even more stupid than if they weren't.

I'd already come around to the sad truth that JJ was never going to be anywhere near the same player that he was when he was the best football player on the planet and I was OK with that. The defense played at championship level last year, but as we know, this isn't the same defense, and it will also be without Mercilus.

It's impossible to say how good this team is relative to the other teams in the conference. The other potentially competitive teams are such Jekyll and Hydes that I really can't get a decent handle on who is likely to be good in December beyond the team we just played. So who knows, maybe there's another 9-7 in there somewhere for the Texans and another sneak into the playoffs. I hope so, because it sure is tough for a rookie to learn on the fly in the playoffs, as the Cowboys and their rookie quarterback demonstrated last year.

So for once in my life I'm just going to throw expectations out the window, throw my hatred for the owner out the window, throw my contempt for his Eddie Haskell GM out the window, and just enjoy watching the magic that is Deshaun Watson on the football field. The Texans lose every remaining game 50-48? IDGAF. I'm just going to watch Deshaun do what he does until the inevitable moment comes when some fking castoff that the team has starting on the OL gets him sent to the ER. Then I'll probably go back to being the friendly, neighborhood poster you all know and love.

By the way, nunu, the bet's off.