View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:24 PM
All-Pro

Default 2013 Mocks and Needs

I know many of you hate to think about next years draft just a week after the current one. And I understand that. But I like to look the building of a roster, and the building of this team.

Also I like to give myself names to watch for this upcoming college season.

As for the Texans, this draft addressed most current needs very well. So what needs jump out at me.

IMO I want this team to become the Steelers, and that means you don't over pay for players, except for a few unique cases. We have a couple of important guys in the last years of their contracts. Matt Schaub, Duane Brown, Conner Barwin and Rashad Butler are all in contract years. In a perfect world they all have good years and need pay increases (after the 2012 season). I see Schaub and Brown as the only must sign guys. I can let Barwin and Butler walk if I like their backups. When is Cushing's contract year, is it this year? If so then he becomes a priority also.

Again this is very early and full of speculation, and I am making some leaps of faith. My needs for the 2013 draft are the following: OG, OLB, ILB, S, developmental QB, RB, developmental #1 WR.

Of course you cannot get this all in one draft, but you can try.

draftsite.com has a 3 round 2013 mock up, and they have use taking the following:

27 Luke Joeckel* OT Texas A&M 6' 6" 304
58 Chase Thomas ILB Stanford 6' 4" 240
90 Adewale Ojomo DE Miami 6' 4" 253

If I resign Brown, I do not need Joeckel. I might look at this:

27 Jackson Jeffcoat* OLB Texas 6' 5" 250
58 Montee Ball RB Wisconsin 5' 11" 234 bye-bye Ben Tate? trade
90 Chris McDonald OG Michigan State 6-5 300

Some guys to watch this coming college season.