Thread: 2012 mocks
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 02:43 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF Bob View Post
If NT is not a need, why are you taking two DT?

An impact NT like Ngata is certainly worth the money. Where we are drafting, I'm not sure one will be there who is worth it but I'm fine with a true run-stuffer for short yardage situations. It might also be cool to find one who would like to try some lead blocking in short yardage as well.

I'm still for upgrading the secondary first then wide receiver but I would not be too upset if they go NT first.
I did not say that NT was not a need position, only that I did not want to go 1st round on a NT, even at the 26th pick of the 1st round.

One of the DT in my mock is more of a 3-4 DE, IMO, and the Michigan guy is a high motor guy like Mitchell, Watt and Reed, who, again IMO, can be a part of the NT rotation and possible DE rotation. Plus both of these guys were BPA when I took them.

Now if Poe, who I admit I have not seen on tape, is on Wade's list of wants then I will not complain.

BTW I still believe the needs are WR1b, OL depth, DBs if BPA, ILB depth, and I would add DL depth, and RB depth if Ward is cut. In my mocks, I try to go BPA at the slot we pick. I have decided in round 2 on up I can go up to the 5 previous picks and cherry pick a guy, why because I wanted Boykin to return punts in the 2nd.

And if you really want to know I originally took Kendall Wright as a "b" choice for round 1 because he is a game changer and he can fly, and he might be able to return kicks.

We are very early in this process, and I still want to watch the Senior Bowl practices and catch up on last weekends East West game. (DVR). So I am in no way writing my picks in ink just yet. Some of these guys will not be on my final list of possible picks.