Thread: 2011?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 08:40 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMH View Post
The Texans need to stock up at linebacker with their move to a 3-4, so Smith could make sense. Especially if there is no super value defensive back here.
The need for LBs is really due to the fact that we don't know how strong Barwin and Ryans come back from injury, so I wouldn't mind taking two in the draft or getting one from Free Agency and drafting another. Bruce Carter of UNC would be a great fit in my opinion as an ILB who has the speed to cover a TE. An OLB like Aldon Smith makes sense if Patrick Peterson or Prince Amukamara are not available at #11. I'd almost be willing to trade up for one of those big CBs. Other OLB candidates include Justin Houston, Jabaal Sheard, Jeremy Beal, KJ Wright, or Sam Acho. If we want to groom an OLB and not use a high pick, then Brooks Reed, Wayne Daniels, Markus White, Ugo Chinasa, Eddie Jones, Cheta Ozougwu, or Steven Friday may be options to look at late.

I'm also targeting a NT like Jarvis Jenkins or Jerrell Powe in this draft.