View Single Post
Old 11-28-2021, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Also, interesting note on why S Justin Reid isn't playing today.
Quote:
#Texans safety Justin Reid (@JustinqReid) on being inactive today for disciplinary reasons: “I’m actually really shocked at (Coach David) Culley’s decision to make me inactive. I couldn’t believe it.” Justin didn’t want to go into any details yet about what happened other than to say this situation is stemming from "a disagreement" during a team meeting.

"I thought the meeting went amicably, and then I came to practice Friday and after practice was done he called me into his office and said he benched me for disciplinary reasons. It is what it is. I'm shocked that it happened, and I'm just gonna root for the guys out there and just keep cheering my teammates on. It's always tough when you're not playing. The best I can do is be there in spirit and root my guys on."
https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/...19243565662208

Really odd behavior, but without knowing what was said and the context in which it was said is tough to evaluate. Feels like if there was really an issue with what he said that it would have been addressed immediately following the meeting, not following practice. Culley is a patsy, obvs. And a loss to the Jets today would probably have an impact on draft order next spring.