Thread: Texans FA's
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
I'm just giving Bob a hard time.

As for Jean, he was an UDFA for a reason just like Maehl. He may blossom, but I would not hold my breath waiting for it. Especially on this team. Our #4 barely sees the field and our #2/#3 barely see the ball. Not a lot of room to break in as a WR when you run it 35 times and you target your RB and TE more than your 2nd-4th WRs (155 combined for OD and Arian, 137 for Walter, JJ, B. Johnston).

As for Foster and Ogbonoya, only one of those guys were undrafted.
That might have been true last year because they still had Dreeson, and Arian was running the heck out of the football. This year the defenses are going to look at a lot of tape, and are probably going to be harder to run against. Not saying Arian won't get his numbers, only that they will be harder to come by. We may have to rely on the 3rd & 4th WR because of that.

As for Jean and Maehl, if one of them can return a punt, or if they can imcrease the WR production, then I say let J.J. go. I think both guys have potential, but we will just have to wait to see how the Draft, OTAs, and TC go.