Thread: 7 Round Mock
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Regular Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
First off, this is a mock to see what is possible and who is there at what locations. Smith and Kubiak will never go with this. One of these moves is about all they might do. But on the OL last year we kept 10 players, 3 were OTs so that is 7 guys. I have not heard anything yet on Briesel is he practicing? His Lisfranc injury is not a slam dunk to come back from. Also losing Studdard and White is not a huge deal IMO.

Of the DBs I agree we still do not know where some of the young guys stand.
Sure, but we had Pitts last year, who could play the tackle position if needed. Perhaps they feel that way about Wade Smith, but I'm not sure. Anyway, the point is that our youth and depth are actually very good in almost every position (other than safety, RB)... we need to upgrade the front end of the roster in a couple places: RB, CB, DT, C/G... so, trading down in order to accumulate picks after round 3 seems unlikely to me simply because drafting 6+ players on the final day will likely result in most of those players not making the team, or displacing quality youth and depth already in place.