View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 01:00 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrett View Post
...but in the end it would have been surrendering 2017.
I guess my problem is that the team's total incompetence means that they were going to surrender 2017 no matter what. I am very optimistic about Savage. What other choice do I have? (Especially since I'm an eternal optimist.) But if he leads the team to a Super Bowl I will eat John McCain's... I was going to say shorts but I'm not willing to go that far. I'll say I'll eat his lunch. For three days in a row.

They are not going to win a Super Bowl with a rookie Watson at quarterback. I don't know how the season will unfold (although I have an idea, more on that in a second) but I do know that the Texans aren't winning anything with a rookie quarterback.

The Texans have a brutal schedule next year, possibly the worst in the league looking at it from today. So at its sad end they will most likely find themselves with a rookie quarterback who was a college sensation but like so many others is simply not an NFL player, a poor record and what would be high draft picks but no first, no second, and no hope.

The team of course could have kept Brock and the draft pick and then cut him at the first reasonable opportunity, July or whenever. But then they probably wouldn't have had the cap space to resign an important piece like Bouye. Wait, what?

It's almost like the team is willing to waste what they have to save five million or whatever it is and not fire BOB now. They're going to fire him next year - or not renew his contract; we all know that. So they're decimating the team and making stupid draft day decisions.

I wonder, who the hell in their right mind is going to want to come in and coach this team next year with a shitstain owner, no quarterback and no draft picks until the fifth round? Someone that nobody else wants, that's who. And Gabe VanGoobersmooch is sure to be several long steps down from BOB, regardless of BOB's flaws.

And Buford, now that you mention it, congratulations on your team's draft pick! This idiot Mormon had better be a good player because with his Wonderlic of four or whatever it was he is obviously far too stupid for the exciting world of multi-level marketing. So it's either trying to keep Paxton Lynch upright, soldier of fortune for a Cliven Bundy-style band of outlaws who want exercise their Elohim-given right to graze their prize Coot ducks on federal land, join a crack archaeological team that is on the cusp of finding the lost city of Nephi, or pump gas at Uncle Hyrum's Samco in Kanab.