View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 10:53 PM
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Watching that finish makes one think over some of the most heart-wrenching losses in franchise history. The Rosencopter. The Fail Mary against the Jags.

Watson seemed to suffer emotionally after the game, perhaps because he accepted some or all of the blame on the fumbled snap. Looking back on the season, it's not hard to see this as an 8-4 team, but clearly there are some unforgiveable weaknesses that make it easy to see why they are 4-8. It's mostly an 8-8 league where just a couple plays separate the teams in and out of the playoffs.

The success of Keke Coutee is just the latest in a line of demonstrating how poorly Bill O'Brien and the staff have squandered talent. Why did the team pay for Randall Cobb with Coutee already on the roster? How could Kenny Still be so under-utilized as well? How terrible O'Brien was at evaluating talent at all of the offensive skill positions.
I think Watson will be fine. And I bet he never takes a snap for granted again. I've seen him rescue bad snaps before.... Not sure if Martin was worried about his blocking assignment or what but he's done this before. Snapping to a shotgun QB isn't rocket science - shouldn't be that tough to hit the QB's waist area consistently.

I was happy for Hansen. I love a good cinderella story (cinderfella?). He got to show his stuff and he showed well. His route running was good. Frequently, guys like him ride the pine simply because the guy(s) in front of them make more money. In the NFL, it's "he makes more than you do and has experience". In college it's "he's a senior, he starts". I'm not fond of that mindset. Unless players like him get to see action, you'll never know what they can do. Some receivers have a knack for getting open - maybe he's got the gene. The Texans should take a longer look at him because if they don't, someone else will give him a chance... He's on the radar screen, now....