View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 01:51 PM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
I was looking at BPA best case scenarios. I really want TE Hunter Henry in the 1st round, but wanted to go a different way with this mock. I'm scared of the injury Duane Brown has to his quad. The O-line is horrible without Brown in the lineup, so I figured Conklin was good value at #22 and could start RT on day #1 or provide excellent insurance for Duane Brown down the road (later if not sooner). I drafted Beavers late because Mke Mayock has him ranked as his 5th best Tackle and there the guy was still on the board.
I too have been toying with a an OT early for insurance, with both Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks being FAs, I can see a highly likely scenario where one of those guys walks, creating a need for inside help. If Brown is healthy day one, drafting an OT would allow Derek Newton to slide inside to RG. Which in theory, might improve the team. Or you can move the rookie to RG and not expose the edge to a rookie.

Toner is available in the 4 on most mocks and now I can watch Beavers also. I would not be unhappy if we ended up with both Beavers and Toner after the 4th round. But if Mayock is seeing Beavers skills and I saw Toner's skills, little doubt the NFL guys missed them as badly as the mock guys are.

Roy, you and I often find guys low on the mock draft list that end up being drafted in the top 3 rounds, so I would bet that these two guys go earlier than the mockers have them going.