Thread: Saints
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 PM
All-Pro

It doesn't suprise me at all since Williams is a Fisher guy. I know many in Houston still love Fisher, but his teams are dirty and undisciplined. Fisher teams had 167 personal fouls in his 10 years with the Titans, the next highest in the league in that span was 136.

Other teams may have bounties, but I would hope it is unique that a coach as high up as a coordinator was running it and they have documentation that allowed them to be caught. This was not "the game of football." Football is a profession played by professionals. This is organized, sanctioned, approved, and rewarded dirty play. One of the hits that payed out literally ended Kurt Warner's career (last play he ever played they leveled him on the back side of an INT return).

I hope the punishment is severe. I think this is far worse than spygate. Though probably similar in that the Patriots were the worst cheaters (everyone steals signs, just without video), and the Saints are just the worst of those with a bounty system.

1st round pick sounds about right for the franchise. Player fines for all involved. Lengthy suspension for Williams and the unnamed position coach.