View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 06:47 PM
Hall of Fame

Harris Hits: Day 1 in Green Bay

Quote:
The Texans took the training camp show on the road, all the way to Green Bay for Monday’s workout and what a day it was! It started with the Texans (and Packers, of course) on bikes and ended with one of the best catches on the day by a rookie tight end. I was writing notes furiously, so let me try to decipher my notes and pound out some Harris Hits from the great state of Wisconsin......................

One of the best throws from Deshaun Watson during the day was a dart he threw to tight end Jordan Akins during that 11-on-11 drill. The second-year tight end had just one step on the defender and Watson threw a dime that Akins snatched for a first down............

As we watched practice, my dad said to me “hey, who’s number 11?” Watching the other end of the field, I just responded with “Stevie Mitchell. Why?” My dad goes “he’s catching everything.” So, I turned that direction and right on cue, quarterback AJ McCarron dropped a deep ball right into Mitchell’s lap for a touchdown. Then, on the very next play, Mitchell took a quick hitch and seemed to run upfield by everyone for a huge gain. Number 11 continues to make an impression in this training camp, including on my pops...........................
More at link....