Thread: Site Traffic
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Updating an earlier post in this thread, we actually had six consecutive record days in late July (and seven of eight).

For August, our monthly unique visitor count has already set a new record with more than a week to go. Each month has had more unique visitors than the one before it, so I suppose another new record isn't a surprise, but it is another sign that our community continues to grow. Long past our first million hits, we ought to keep ticking up to our next million pretty quick (and yes, much of that traffic is from lurkers here in the forums. Our lurker to registered user ratio here is amazing. Smile and wave boys, smile and wave... )

Given the newness of the URL, nearly all of our traffic is organic and bookmarked (which is nice... cuts down on trolls, spam, etc.), and compared with other sites with big forums, our traffic is still pretty small. Relatively speaking, we get very little traffic from search engines and other outside sources, though I'm sure that will change and increase some over time. While we don't get a ton of linked traffic into the site, ItB.com has been linked by several other friendly sites (as I'm sure many of you can attest firsthand), and I'd like to thank a few of them individually here (in no particular order).

Matt and BFD at DGDB&D
The guys at BattleRedBlog
Steph at AOLFanHouse
Mods and posters at TexansTalk.com
Mike and crew at ProFootballTalk.com

Thanks!