Thread: DraftTek Mock
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2009, 12:19 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy P View Post
Dude,
I think you and I are on the same Donald Brown bandwagon. If we draft LeSean McCoy in the 1st round, I won't be too upset if Everette Brown and Aaron Curry are off the board. Brown, Greene, or possibly Jennings in the 2nd round would not get my feathers ruffled either. On the other hand, if we only come out of the draft/UDFAs with Gartrell Johnson added to the roster, I'll be a bit worried.

There may be some short yardage guys that have a little mass (larger than 215lbs) who could be added later on. However, I think the team could utilize another RB with some speed (who may be lighter than 215lbs). As you know, Jerious Norwood is my prototype #2 RB (or should I say 1b). A guy like Shonn Greene (if he were younger he'd be ranked higher) would be a "workhorse" that would allow Slaton to be the 3rd down back he was drafted to be.
Heck I have been saying draft Brown in the 1st, so you know I like him. Jennings is the only other RB I like for day one.

You and I are on the same page with Greene, he is a 25 year old playing against college kids he should be tearing up. I do not see him running very well.

The kid from Pitt dances to much for me, so I do not see Kubiak jumping for him.

There are some very good late round RBs, and BTW as a UDFA to keep an eye out for is Chris Ogbonnaya, 6-0, 225, Texas. He will play anywhere the coach wants him to and should be a pretty good special teamer.