View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 09:53 AM
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck View Post
This isn't my site and Keith is well within his rights to disagree, overrule my view or even delete this post if he likes, but I'm finding myself put off by your posts that are basically, "Some piece of Texans related information in a sentence or two" and a link to your blog.

I like your blog, your site, I really do. But I feel (*I* feel, my opinion solely) that if you're going to participate here you should participate here and not try to drive the conversation away from this site and to your site. This may not be your intention but it is certainly the impression I have received.

Imagine my going to your site and commenting on a blog by saying "I have all sorts of interesting and provocative things to say about this and I do so at hpf.com." It's a bit unseemly, isn't it?

Maybe you could give us an honest to god post here with whatever your input is - and please know I appreciate and enjoy your input - and at the end of the post mention that there's additional discussion at your place.

Am I explaining myself? I'm not trying to be a prick or pick a fight, just giving you my two cents.
I have to agree with Chuck on most of this. Dale has started to be similar to TexansChick in starting threads that are only meant to drive us to his blog.

He is not sharing here in the way he used to share before he started the blog.

While I have enjoyed his blog I am getting tired of the IMO blatant attempts to drive traffic. BTW I get tired of this from Steff also.

I have enjoyed your insights here, and wish you to reengage in the discussions here. Not hold back for a blog post. That is just my opinion.

As for the links I don't have a problem with them when they add to the discussions, but starting threads to drive us to a blog...

I want to reinforce, dalemurphy has been one of the valued voices on this board and I do not want to see him leave, just tone down the sales pitches.