Thread: Mock Drafts
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 03:53 PM
All-Pro

http://draftace.com/profiles/2010/ryan_mathews.htm

"Has a long history of nagging injuries; a fairly serious concern for a physical running back. Missed time in 2009 with a concussion. Limited experience as a receiver out of the backfield. Hasn't faced much top competition. "

They then turn around and say THIS guy is a 2nd rounder. They are also claiming Dwyer is the only 1st round back. Basically, everyone has their opinion and nobody knows jack. Once a RB gets in a system, then we will see who is who. I often wonder how Emmitt Smith would have faired if he had played for the Lions and if Barry Sanders had played for the Cowboys.

Did Matt Forte and Steve Slaton become horrible last year after being very productive the year before, or was it the OLs that blocked for them?

If we want a "Great Back" we should be looking at C.J. Spiller. The 'problem' is we have Slaton which is basically a 'poor man's Spiller' and that would be redundant. Give me Ben Tate in the 3rd round, please.