View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Pro Bowler

Most of the time I feel the Yao bashing we hear a lot is unwarranted. However, I can certainly see why people get upset with him. Yes, he got into early foul trouble, but he played like a total wimp last night when he was in game and has got to be one of the weakest (especially in the hands) big men of all time. Get a frickin' contested rebound or hold onto the ball in traffic once in awhile, Jeezus! Adelman should have just left Landry in the game and only put Yao in to spell him when got tired.

I disagree the Rockets are outgunned by the Lakers. The Rockets problems were mostly self inflicted last night. The ~19 turnovers, missed FT's, and over-dribbing is what killed them - not LA's offense or overpowering play. They can let Kobe get his points, but they cannot let the others like Odom and Gasol get easy baskets. Yao was letting them do whatever they wanted to in the paint and was pretty much a stiff.

As a side note, not factoring in Kobe and Gasol/Yao and Artest, I'd take the Rockets roster over the Lakers roster. If the Rockets take care of the damn ball they have a good shot at beating the Lakers, IMO.