View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Administrator

I will say that the Texans seem to put little effort into presenting their preseason product. Less and less effort every year. They do a better job in the regular season. I left the Woodlands area around 5pm that day and was seated at least 15 minutes before kickoff, so that poor woman not seated until 9 must have had other issues.

I actually attended the first home game at the Falcons' new stadium last year... it was a preseason game as well. Without a doubt, the nicest surprise was their concession prices - extremely reasonable. The burger-coke combo at Texans games is almost twenty bucks, which is insane. The game I attended there was on a Saturday night, but iirc, Chick-fil-A was their main food sponsor, which is very odd since most Falcons games are played on Sundays, when Chick-fil-A is closed.

That said, the rest of the experience in Atlanta wasn't anything better. While traffic was less of an issue, parking options were not great. Lots of walking on uneven ground. The concourses in their new stadium were narrow and bottlenecked in several places. Their seats were a thinner plastic, kinda like the Cowboys' ones in Arlington for those who have been to the JerryDome. All in all, if you can figure the traffic into the stadium better, I'd take the Texans experience first.

Unrelated, I've enjoyed Braves games at their new stadium. They developed a sort of "downtown" walkup area as well with shops and restaurants (and condos). Would be cool if Houston furthered the development around MMP either toward BBVA Compasss and/or GRB and Toyota Center/Discovery Green.