View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Defense played a really inspired first half, Clowney particularly so. Amazing how he now seems to be the model of health given how the early years of his career began. Not sure how many more years he will have left in him.

Kevin Johnson also seems to be back to form after his various ailments. Still, can't help but catch the Jags again this Sunday and wonder what might have been had the team retained A.J. Bouye.

It was easy to comment at halftime that had Care Bear converted his short FG attempt, and had Savage not thrown the pick late, that the Texans could have had a two-score lead midway through the game. But then the third quarter happened, and the Savage Texans are who we thought they were.

I said aloud just before the first pick that I didn't mind all those batted passes from Savage because chances were they would be picked anyway, being the curmudgeon that I've become. Then lo and behold, those did become picks later.

And Savage may have a tendency to get not only himself set up for disaster, but now he seems to put his receivers in harm's way, too. Will Fuller was destroyed by a clean hit & didn't return. For as often as Savage locks onto Hopkins, we should be worried that he's next.