View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 11:42 AM
All-Pro

Default 2/27 Fanspeak w/NFLMock w/trades

It appears Fanspeak will allow you, as the Texans, to send our 1st, 2nd and our first 5th-rounder to Philadelphia for their 1st (13th overall) anytime you want to do it. I tried some other variations of the deal and it always refuses.

The strategy, at this point, has three prongs:

1. Trade up to #13 and hope Goff or Wentz falls to you. I've been able to make this work about 60% of the time. If it doesn't work, then you have to decide whether to trade back down or grab someone else that unexpectedly fell.

2. Stay put at #22 and take Lynch or Cook if they are available.

3. Take another player at #22 or trade down but ultimately, aim for the next group of Prescott and Hackenberg.

I prefer the idea of getting the best QB we can afford without giving up a future #1. Losing your second-rounder hurts but if the reward is Goff or Wentz, it is a good deal. Later, I traded out of the 4th round to San Francisco for an early 5th and a late 6th to give us 6 overall choices.

13: R1P13 QB CARSON WENTZ NORTH DAKOTA ST
85: R3P22 TE AUSTIN HOOPER STANFORD
142: R5P3 RB JONATHAN WILLIAMS ARKANSAS
166: R5P27 OT-OG DENVER KIRKLAND ARKANSAS
198: R6P20 ILB JARED NORRIS UTAH
210: R6P32 K ROBERT AGUAYO FLORIDA ST

Williams is a value pick in the 5th. He was projected a third rounder who was out all last season with a foot injury but appeared at the Senior Bowl. I like backs who didn't get run to death in college and are undervalued because of it.

Kirkland is a massive man with experience at G and OT who can fill in at any of 4 positions along the line but needs refinement.

Norris is a 3-4 ILB who makes up for being a step slow with a quick first step and great ball-hunting instincts. How much longer will we have Cushing? McKinney fills one spot but we need someone else to challenge here.